How do users check their assigned tasks ?

Big Jim July 26, 2017

I'm new to Jira and this is a very basic and probably stupid question but I don't see it answered in the Jira online documentation. 

On a daily basis how do most Jira users keep track of their assigned tasks. Do they use the dashboard ? Or do they use issue filters ?  

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

So much has been written about JIRA, it's hard to say that there's any one page that nails that particular question well.  I guess the answer Atlassian would want me to give is "Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-software/i-work-in-a-software-team-844502157.html "

0 votes
Big Jim July 26, 2017

Thanks again Nic,

Is this documented anywhere ? It seems such a basic and obvious question but I haven't found any section "Tips on how users view their tasks". 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Both, and boards and queues too.

Some people like the "assigned to me" gadget in the dashboard, some like a simple saved filter (which they reuse on dashboards).

Service Desk Agents often use the queues to find their issues (although that is more often to find the next request to deal with, not the currently assigned), and a lot of people use Scrum or kanban boards and make use of the "assigned to me" quick fitler.

Suggest an answer