Email Alerts when certain users do anything in JIRA?

Megan Armstrong September 12, 2017

I'm a manager, and I want to receive and email when anyone on my team (members of a certain JIRA group) do anything. IE: Comment on a ticket, get assigned a ticket, move a ticket.

Is this possible? I added myself to the default notification scheme, but I'm just getting alerts when ANYONE does anything (I want alerts for the subsection of the 5-10 people, and only when they are the one doing something on the ticket).

7 answers

0 votes
Megan Armstrong September 13, 2017

Thanks for the info! we already use components, and this would still give me alerts whenever anything happened on the ticket. 

I just want to be aware of things they are doing (not necessarily everything happening on every ticket) - so if the ticket moves to another team, I wouldn't want to be notified of this any longer.

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

They can add the component while creating an issue itself. They need to get themselves used to that process

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Yes, that's correct.

0 votes

I guess the only problem with that it requires you to add the component onto each ticket you want to track, correct?

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2017

You can add yourself as a component lead on a component and then ask those users to add tat perticular component on the interested issues. Then modify the notification scheme to send email notifivation to component lead on all those events you mentioned. So as component lead you will receive notification on those events like issue moved, assigned, closed, edited etc.

0 votes

Unfortunately dashboards are not what I'm after - the preference is to be able to get an email for each thing. (Like the ones we get when we're watching - but without watching and just getting the emails for those relevant people.

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2017

Seems like a lot of information to get in email.   Would a more practical approach be monitoring a dashboard?

Suggest an answer