EazyBI : Can't create logic/query when theres "[ ]" symbol on the Status.

Rizky.Tuasikal April 22, 2021

I have two statuses. 
1. Completed

2. [WBS01] Prepare WBS

The question is, when we used this query, we success the process:

[Status].[Completed]

But, when we tried using this query:

[Status].[[WBS01]Prepare WBS]

undefined

We cant see the result of this query.

Can anyone help me solving this?? What should I do?

Especially, when trying to use status with the [ ] symbol on it.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Rizky.Tuasikal,

You have indeed indentified a problem that is caused by a conflict in the standard syntax of MDX used in EazyBI on one side and your status naming in Jira. Those brackets have a function in MDX and you seem to break those with your naming convention.

An easy fix would be to update the name of your status and remove the square brackets there altogether. What you are doing there is also going against best practice in Jira, where it is way better to use more generic status names than going specific for each project / product / team. Using status names that are too specific, makes it really hard if you ever want to report across multiple projects and may even negatively impact performance of your system over time.

Having said that, I am not aware of a workaround that allows you to use names with brackets in EazyBI (MDX) formulas. Maybe the team can confirm if that is available somehow @eazybi ?

Suggest an answer