Can I get an overview of highlighted comments in Jira issues (perhaps via Confluence)?

Markus Raab February 4, 2021

Can I get an overview of all highlighted comments (or custom text fields) in Jira issues (via Confluence) per client/account?

We are using Jira + Confluence and I would like to be able to document major milestones or information directly in a Jira ticket. Every client has between 1 and 4 tickets per month for ongoing work. Some clients also have several Jira tickets for project-based work.

In Confluence, we show an overview of all tickets of a client, i.e. one page for each client with all the Jira tickets.

We would like to be quickly able to document (and overview) important information going on in the daily business.

Usually, people have the respective Jira issue open, as they also book their time with Tempo. So most convenient would be just to add a "highlighted comment" into the Jira issue.

I am not too familiar with the entire workflow and Jira, as I am more of a Confluence person, but I ask myself if there are any ideas on how to do this.

That means... am I somehow able to ...

• add a custom text field for additional comments in Jira and show it in the Jira Report in Confluence?
  • star or highlight comments in Jira and be able to show stared comments in a Jira Report in Confluence?

Workaround:

Add a table to the Confluence page (one per client) and add those comments in a table (c.f. a logbook). Not very convenient though. Also, it requires to go to edit page mode. And there is no connection to the Jira ticket/sprint.

1 answer

0 votes
Markus Raab February 9, 2021

Thinking of how else I could explain my question ... 🤔

Suggest an answer