Bug Triage flow with NextGen projects

Dennis Green-Lieber January 27, 2021

Hi Community! 

We are running at NextGen project with multiple projects but using Labels as our "filters", our support them then report bug into that projects but here is my problem. 

We are looking to run some Triage on bug with leads and QA how to solve the pipeline for Triage? Using lists? I would love boards but I can only have one? 

I was thinking of creating a new Projects for bugs with Kanban to you that flow to manage what have been Triage and then create a "linked" bug report in the main projects but that is not really possible without to much work for the leads and QA with some switching a around etc. 

any input on how to, maybe apps that can help us? 

thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Dennis Green-Lieber  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would please answer some follow-up questions to give others information to help?

1. Are the separate projects you are using for different products or for different teams (one product)?
  2. How do you perform triage: separate triage for each product (project) or one big session with all the players at once?
  3. Often one of the steps in triage is deciding "will we fix this or not".  For items you do not fix, what do you do with them?
  4. What information (measures, reporting, visibility) do you need about defects in the triage workflow, from discovery/recording to resolution?

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer