Archive and restore a single project

Kamil May 9, 2019

Hello,

I've just read an article (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-project-938847621.html) how to archive and restore single project (Service Desk) in Jira. Everything is clear in the article except that I don't have these options in my portal. The only option i project settings... I have full (administrative) access to portal. My Jira is in the cloud. Maybe there is some option to "stop" the project first, and archive option will show up?

BR, Kamil

4 answers

0 votes
Kamil May 13, 2019

@Bryan Trummer thank you for your help ;)

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

Hi @Kamil  - I would suggest you do the Online Archiving that the link I pasted in my previous comment mentioned. With this you are essientally "archiving" the project by hiding it with permission schemes making the project not available. Then if you need to restore the project you can do so by updating the permission schemes to make the project searchable again. Before moving to data center we did this where we had two different "archive" permission schemes setup, one to have it where the project and its issues can be searched against but nothing else. The other would completely hide the project from being searched, etc. I am not aware of any plugins that would achieve archiving for you but I would strongly suggest reviewing the following link with the part Online Archiving - Hiding a project - Making a project 'Read-Only'.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html?_ga=2.82062864.708511081.1557319284-144374603.1556550315

0 votes
Kamil May 9, 2019

Hello,

@Bryan Trummer thank you for your feedback. 

My idea was to archive only some of the projects so that in the future, if necessary, be able to restore them and the search for necessary information. Full backup (which I have already done) unfortunately does not give me such opportunities, because I would have to restore all the project from the archive (even the ones I currently work on).

Do you know maybe any addons that would allow, for example, to export all the taks and conversations in the project to excel? Such archive format would be enough for me...

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Hi @Kamil - Project archiving is only available for JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk Data Center deployments as its mentioned in the link you pasted. This is not available in JIRA cloud that I am aware. In this knowledge base article it mentions a way to online "archive" a project in JIRA. Since you are on JIRA cloud this may be the best choice for you to achieve archiving.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html

Suggest an answer