Worst Jira Admin Contest

650aeb4a-85b6-4050-b883-be9efdf9e9f9.png

“Oops!”

“Oops! I can’t believe I did that!”

“Oops! I can’t believe I did that in PRODUCTION!”

Remember that time you prevented everyone’s progress after a permission change? Or the time you broke the most used workflow just before a big deadline? Or you made a seemingly simple change that brought the entire server down? It’s no secret; we’ve all made application administration mistakes. But, I’m thankful for (most of) mine! I owe a lot of my success to the mistakes I’ve made and witnessed over the the years. Mistakes are a useful way to gain valuable insight, increase knowledge, and improve over time.

Let’s confess our admin mistakes, talk about what happened, and why. Join this informal contest to see who can top my mistakes and win the prestigious title of Worst Jira Administrator!

Introduction

In this multi-article series, I’ll share some of my many Jira administration and management mistakes over the years.

Contest Details

Here’s how to participate:

1. Read my real-life mistake.

2. Reply with a similar mistake you’ve made or heard about. (The crazier the better!)

3. Earn bonus points for sharing what you learned, how to prevent similar mistakes, or a related tip.

Ready? Follow me to the pages below where we discuss and learn from the misfortunes of others!

In this series:

See the list: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=%22Worst%20Jira%20Admin%20Contest%22&include_blogs=true

This list will continue to grow as I’m certainly not done making mistakes! 😉

1 comment

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2023

Lots of excellent advice in all those articles, thank you. I have too many mistakes with Jira to add them individually ;)

Like Rachel Wright likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events