What's new this quarter in Jira Software Server

Hello Atlassian Community!

My name is Shana, and I’m the Product Marketing Manager for Jira Software Server here at Atlassian. We’re upping the pace at which we ship new versions of Jira Software so that you and your team can take advantage of features and fixes as soon as they’re live. To keep up with this expedited release schedule, we’re moving to quarterly release newsletters so you can get the 411 on all new product versions in one place.

Prefer to find out about new versions as they're released? Check out what's new or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates.

We are always looking to improve, so if you have comments or ideas on how we can better showcase recent releases, please let us know in the comments section below. 

spacergray.png

Here's what's new in Jira Software:

newimages.png

3 ways to increase visibility: get the eye of the tiger

Quick search (7.8): Search just got smarter. Start typing in the search bar and issues and projects will populate by relevant content and recent views. Or simply click on the search bar to see recently viewed issues and projects – no typing needed.

JMX monitoring (7.6): Admins can now monitor and track key sizing metrics with Java Management Extensions (JMX). Make informed decisions about how you maintain, optimize, and scale your instance from the number of users to the number of custom fields.

Jira Software & DevOps (7.7): Get visibility into your development pipeline with the new Development column in search results when you integrate with Bitbucket Server. See development information and data in the new column without needing to click into each issue. With this visibility, identify blockers early and make quick, informed decisions for faster releases.

Increased flexibility: because no two teams are the same

Unique priority schemes per project (7.6): Every team is different - so why should you have to operate with the same priorities? Global admins can now assign different priority schemes per project, so teams only see the priorities that apply to them, eliminating confusion and allowing them to work more efficiently.

REST API for priority schemes (7.7): With new REST APIs, manage priority schemes outside of the user interface with ease and tailor priority schemes to your team's needs.

Read the full Jira Software release notes

spacergray.png

ondemand.png

On-demand Webinar: What's Ahead in Jira Software Server and 
Data Center

Check out the latest on-demand webinar that dives into Jira Software's recent updates, roadmap, and resolutions for the new year. Check it out.

bug.png

Like bugs? We don't either, so we fixed 39 of them in recent versions

Check out the full list of bug fixes here. We're also improving our process for Server feature suggestions to prioritize your feedback, as it is critical to our development process. Check out the new improvements here.

enterprise.png

Upgrade to the best version of Jira Software for your team

For a full breakdown of features, bugfixes, and upgrade notes check out the Jira Software Upgrade Matrix.

entfinal.png

Operating at an enterprise level?

You may be interested in Atlassian's new option specifically for successful upgrades at scale: Enterprise Releases. These versions are vetted for enterprise scalability and will have critical bugfixes backported regularly, so you can upgrade with confidence. Learn more.

meeplin.png

We love feedback!

Have thoughts on this post? We're all ears! Share your questions, comments, and thoughts in the comments section below. 

14 comments

Aron Sereny February 22, 2018

when looking at the list of sub-tasks for a JIRA issue it would be helpful to display the JIRA issue number for each sub-task

=============================

Aron Sereny February 22, 2018

image.png

Shana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

@Aron Sereny Thanks for the feedback! We'll take that into consideration for future releases.

Richard March 7, 2018

I think you can already do this by adding issuekey to the list in attribute jira.table.cols.subtasks under Advanced Settings.

Aron Sereny March 7, 2018

I looked for this setting but could not find it...

the help file says....

Editing JIRA's advanced settings

To access and edit options on the 'Advanced Settings' page:

Choose  > System. 
Click the Advanced Settings button on the 'General Configuration' page.
Edit the value of a Key by clicking its value on the right of the page and modifying the 

but I do not see the Advanced Setting button

image.png

Richard March 8, 2018

Aron:

When you get to the General Configuration page in Administration -> System, the page heading should say  Settings. Over to the right hand side you should also see two buttons: Advanced Settings and Edit Settings. If you click on Advanced Settings that takes you to another page and the subtasks attribute I mentioned is just over half way down.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

@Aron Sereny- your screenshot is from Cloud, this update was for Server.  Also, I don't think those advanced settings are available on Cloud.

Aron Sereny March 8, 2018

Thanks Nic and Richard

How do I request this enhancement to the cloud version?

How easy it is to move from cloud to self hosted?  It seems that the cloud has a long way to go to catch up...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Raise it via https://support.atlassian.com/contact - that will guide you to the right place. However, you can be sure it's already been raised, and implemented, or shut down because Atlassian are not willing to support it (I can't rememeber which and don't have the time to go check)

Richard March 8, 2018

I'm running Cloud and Server and have the options available on both.  I don't think this is driven by permissions but I haven't done a deep dive into all of the admin options.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2018

It is admin.  On server, you go to Admin -> General Configuration -> Advanced, exactly as the docs say.

On Cloud, I don't think you have that option.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Also - I see weird naming , some idea on this front ?

upd.JPG

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

and this as wellupd1.JPG

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2018

And I am on 7.8 Server

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events