Hello Atlassian Community!
My name is Shana, and I’m the Product Marketing Manager for Jira Software Server here at Atlassian. We’re upping the pace at which we ship new versions of Jira Software so that you and your team can take advantage of features and fixes as soon as they’re live. To keep up with this expedited release schedule, we’re moving to quarterly release newsletters so you can get the 411 on all new product versions in one place.
We are always looking to improve, so if you have comments or ideas on how we can better showcase recent releases, please let us know in the comments section below.
• Quick search (7.8): Search just got smarter. Start typing in the search bar and issues and projects will populate by relevant content and recent views. Or simply click on the search bar to see recently viewed issues and projects – no typing needed.
• JMX monitoring (7.6): Admins can now monitor and track key sizing metrics with Java Management Extensions (JMX). Make informed decisions about how you maintain, optimize, and scale your instance from the number of users to the number of custom fields.
• Jira Software & DevOps (7.7): Get visibility into your development pipeline with the new Development column in search results when you integrate with Bitbucket Server. See development information and data in the new column without needing to click into each issue. With this visibility, identify blockers early and make quick, informed decisions for faster releases.
• Unique priority schemes per project (7.6): Every team is different - so why should you have to operate with the same priorities? Global admins can now assign different priority schemes per project, so teams only see the priorities that apply to them, eliminating confusion and allowing them to work more efficiently.
• REST API for priority schemes (7.7): With new REST APIs, manage priority schemes outside of the user interface with ease and tailor priority schemes to your team's needs.
Check out the latest on-demand webinar that dives into Jira Software's recent updates, roadmap, and resolutions for the new year. Check it out.
Check out the full list of bug fixes here. We're also improving our process for Server feature suggestions to prioritize your feedback, as it is critical to our development process. Check out the new improvements here.
For a full breakdown of features, bugfixes, and upgrade notes check out the Jira Software Upgrade Matrix.
You may be interested in Atlassian's new option specifically for successful upgrades at scale: Enterprise Releases. These versions are vetted for enterprise scalability and will have critical bugfixes backported regularly, so you can upgrade with confidence. Learn more.
Have thoughts on this post? We're all ears! Share your questions, comments, and thoughts in the comments section below.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events