What's new in 2022 for the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app?

App Launch

We recently launched an all-new Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app, knowing that streamlining the connection between your core tools is paramount to productivity and momentum.

First, I want to thank everyone who installed the app and gave us valuable feedback. 

We know some of you had issues signing in or configuring your site. This was a bug in the Microsoft Teams desktop client and the workaround is to log in via a web browser so they sync. We are working with Microsoft to solve this but if you're still running into issues after trying this, please let us know below or via the feedback bot command in the app. 

Between launch and now

For full transparency, we did not match full feature parity with the legacy app and you let us know (THANK YOU). So we brought back some highly requested features and added some new ones. 

- Adding a message in a chat as a comment in an existing issue

- Creating a new issue from a message within a chat

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 1.01.49 PM.png

- Adding an attachment (whether it's an existing issue or creating a new one)

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 1.04.13 PM.png

- Commenting on an issue

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 1.07.55 PM.png

- Personal bot view so you can view your work within Teams

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 1.09.30 PM.png

What's next?

1. Limiting suggestion bot commands - this is a feature in Microsoft Teams where it allows all available bot commands to pop up in the message extension when typing. We are working with Microsoft to see if we can change this or get rid of the commands completely since it can be a huge distraction in your workflow. We are also bringing back some common bot commands from the legacy app.
  2. Channel Notifications - you can currently set these up manually in your Jira Cloud instance to get them in a Teams channel, but we want to make it easier for your team to set up and get the updates they need in real-time.  
  3. Granularity with Personal Notifications - we heard your feedback about customizing notifications even more so you can get relevant notifications sent to you without too much noise. 
  4. Clarity on features within scopes - you have to manually add this app to your Personal, Chat, Team, or Meeting scope and they all have different feature sets within those scopes. We are working to provide clarity on where these features live and how to install them so you can access the full set. 
  5. Board View - this has been the highest requested feature and is a beloved cornerstone of Jira projects. This is a major project for us so I don't have an ETA for you but we are early stages of exploring the technical implications of this. We are working hard to bring this into Microsoft Teams and we know how valuable it is for you to unleash the potential of your team. 

Keep it coming!

We love hearing from you! We want to hear what you love, hate, or anything in between. We read every single survey and take our customer interviews to heart. We're trying to build the best app for all our users and we need your input. We can't always promise we'll build that exact feature request based on the sheer amount of niche use cases but we will try our best. :) Drop us a line below or send us your comments via the feedback bot command in the app within Teams.

Thank you for your help and patience with us. We hope your 2022 is off to an incredible start!

Cheers, 

Tygrr 

5 comments

Jason M_ January 17, 2022

This looks good and the Issue Action features would be quite useful. 

However, I'd first like to know...a) what are those options "Reward Excellence." and "Find Profile" from the screenshot and b) if those are default options and not just a demo quirk, I really hope those can be removed?

These options represent 50% of the More actions quick menu, yet they are of no relevance or practical use when it comes to working Jira issues in Teams. I'd think this would only annoy (or simply be ignored by) users that are looking for issue actions, as is the main function of the add-on?

reward_excellence_.png

DL February 1, 2022

How do I prevent the Jira Issues from populating in e.v.e.r.y. chat after I have created the issue itself? In this example below, the same card populates as a message draft across most all (if not all) of my Teams chats. I'm having to backspace them from each chat window to clear them out. In some cases, they come back after I've backspaced them. :(

teams_jira.PNG

Josue Lopez February 23, 2022

How about automating the springs for pending tickets to roll over to the next sprint? 

Brie Brooks March 2, 2022

How about having the due date visible? It doesn't show on the issues tab or if you click into a task!

Julian March 7, 2022

I've recently been looking at implementing Jira Cloud for Teams, but I cannot seem to get the screen / form field structure to be the same as in Jira Cloud itself.

e.g. if I right-click a chat message and find "Create issue in Jira", the pop up seems to just contain a default set of fields, including Summary and Description which we do use, but none of the others I have added to the Jira screen. It also shows Assignee which I definitely do not want our user base to have.

We're holding off any rollout until I can work this out, so if you can tell me whether that is feasible or not, or even how to achieve this, it would save me a lot of time.

Julian

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events