We're ending support for five dashboard gadgets on Dec. 9, 2024

75 comments

Joao Santos October 9, 2024

Remove functioning gadgets and giving no real alternative!

Can't really see the strategy of this movement... do you want us to start looking for alternative software?

@Ella Hilton please give show this comment list to you your product board team and managers!

THey need to rethink their strategy!!

Like # people like this
mme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2024

Poor Strategy from Atlassian:

- Increasing Prices

- Reduce Functionality

-> time to proof some alternative tools

Like # people like this
Adam Maciuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2024

This decision feels completely disconnected from the community that uses your platform and I am sure you will see that just in comments here alone. The alternatives proposed are not even close to being good alternatives.

The "Projects" gadget for instance is perfect for visualizing the projects on my team instead of having to search through every project across the company. We're also able to group projects together into categories and then the "Projects" gadget displays the projects in the categories so that we can stay organized as an Agency. For instance, we organize projects based on platform; Shopify, Adobe Commerce, etc... None of this is possible with the "Issue Statistics" gadget.

Like # people like this
Ryan Walsh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

Removal of the "projects" widget with no alternative seems an unnecessary regression. I have this widget in "My Dashboard". The project widget holds all my favorited and most referenced Jira projects. It has more projects listed there then is available in the starred section of Jira's main "Project" nav item dropdown. Using the "Projects" dropdown still requires me to open "All Projects" to see what I otherwise already have visibility into via "My Dashboard". "My Dashboard" is bookmarked as my Jira url in my browser, this is where I start my day, this is where I open all projects, and this is where I see activity and tasks from all my projects.  Removing "projects" widget will make my day more difficult to navigate in the Jira system.

Thank you in advance for consideration.

Like # people like this
Calvin Pacheco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

Last week you changed the Filter Results to be editable and now its not more possible. It`s was very easy to edit some issues from there. Please return this feature again and bring more gadget for us

Steven Tewinkle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

I agree with several others as the Roadmap gadget gives a simple and easy view of the overall project/release status and removing it would be a big loss for us as we typically have 10-15 releases going on simultaneously and Roadmap gadget is easy way to see the overall summary.

Like # people like this
Nena Kruljac October 9, 2024

Is it possible to identify in which dashboards are these 5 gadgets used? It would enable me to inform our users - only those that use them.

It doesn't make sense to distribute this info to all licensed Jira users, because all of them don't use dashboards. And for those who doesn't use them, such mail would not be useful.

Who will be automatically notified about this change? If only those users who edit their dashboards, and they don't edit their dashboards until Dec 9th 2024, they will miss notification.

Frank Wiczinowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

It seems, all the recomended alternatives doesn#t fit the user requirements or needs.

Atlassian should fokus more on the real needs of their heavy users instead of implementing gamification features on the feedback pages.

I am using the label gadget to generate an issue list in an easy way, this ist not possible with the recommended issue statistics gadget

Like # people like this
Alexandra Ellwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

My team uses the Jira Roadmap gadget to determine which release versions across multiple projects have all tickets resolved and are ready to get released.  We don't need a project timeline or project roadmap.  We need a quick summary of the state of upcoming releases across multiple projects.

It is really unfortunate that Jira is pushing so hard to make teams use a single project.  My engineering team is responsible for many distinct products with their own release schedules and version numbering.  We originally chose Jira over its competitors specifically because of its strong support for multi-project workflows.

Like # people like this
Stephen Holt October 9, 2024

The alternatives don't seem to be remotely viable replacements for the same visualizations. 

Like # people like this
Chuck Scammacca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

Not a fan at all!  Jira Roadmap (Advanced) and Timeline are not at all alternatives to the "at a glance" gadget Roadmap is.  What's the purpose of this - and please reconsider!

Like # people like this
Jonathan Smith October 9, 2024

This timing seems odd. Is this compatibility issues due to moving JWM to Jira Software?

Ella, can you shed some light on why these changes are happening and why the timeline is so short?

Monalisa_Azzopardi_chartwell_com October 9, 2024

Replacing Projects with Issue Statistics does not seem to meet the same need.

I had a dashboard that shows all of my active projects, clicking on the project allowed me to see all the details in that board, for example seeing issues, releases etc.  

Now with the change it only shows me the issues and cannot find a way to get to the main project board.  

Am I missing something, why was projects removed as it seems Issues is the same as creating filters for the specific project, giving a view of how many tasks a team member has which is much better than issues.

Hoping that maybe I am missing something and there is a better gadget to use for a link to my projects.

Also, JIRA Roadmap was a great one glance view of multiple projects or in my case multiple projects showing the different releases and how many tasks are remaining - another loss.

Like # people like this
Nancy Cushinery
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

This is very frustrating.  I use the Roadmap gadget in Confluence to surface progress on releases to key business stakeholders who don't use Jira.  Now I will have to manually update them.  Thanks for making my job harder.  It makes no sense to remove this without a path forward.

Also, the timeline view only works if you are planning sprints in advance which my dev team doesn't do. It does not measure progress at all, nor does it summarize how much work is completed and remains. Not to mention your picture above is of the board - not the timeline view which seems intentionally deceiving.

Like # people like this
EricC October 9, 2024

I'll add my voice to those lamenting the upcoming demise of the Jira Road Map gadget. It has been extremely helpful for my team to see our upcoming version releases and plan accordingly. The Timeline view is in no way a suitable alternative because it doesn't show fix versions. 

Like # people like this
H A October 9, 2024

LABELS Is going? We had labels set us as a clickable mutation-selection map to browse our clinical trials by mutation type. This is significantly less useful way to display this as a click-through. Our team had literally just gotten used to using these tags and teaching others. Our doctors learned it! God freaking dammit Atlassian.

Chihara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2024

Are there any way to find which dashboards are using these gadgets other than API?

H A October 9, 2024

We were really close to finalising a business case to buy our own instance and service support for Atlassian instead of sharing the service with another government department. However, I can't recommend this in good faith now to our team as a robust solution anymore. I am the database implementation coordinator so if I'm not impressed by a system, we don't use it. JIRA had actually been great for a while. Now I am immensely disappointed. Probably will end up abandoning JIRA all together for some sub-par, but consistently maintained, Microsoft project management clone if we don't get a good replacement for the features lost. 

Like Nina likes this
James Poole
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

Certainly makes the decision to move to ClickUp easier

Patrick Henry October 9, 2024

I use the Jira Road Map multiple times a day. It is a KEY FEATURE.

None of your "Alternatives" look any good.

JESUS EFFING CHRIST just keep the the thing. You don't have to maintain it. It works great as is.

Like Chris Mann likes this
Patrick Henry October 9, 2024

Listen. Here is the bottom line.

WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF LEARNING NEW SOFTWARE.

We are in the business of developing software for our customers based on their wants and needs.

NOBODY IS ASKING FOR THIS BS CHANGE?

Every day when I try and do work, there's a new "feature" in Microsoft something or Windows or Jira that I have to try and disable because it is utter rubbish.

Just let us do our work. 

Pavel Mikula
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2024

This is a really bad idea. The "Issue Statistics" is NOT a replacement for Projects gadget. 

There's no other easy and organized way how to navigate to groups of projects. The Jira UX has always been terribly poor, but why break existing workarounds? Just keep them as they are, without evolving them further.

Like # people like this
Paul Janssen October 10, 2024

How can you delete the Roadmap gadget? This is the one we check every day for progress. Who decided this???

Like # people like this
VINCENT DUPONT October 10, 2024

I'm very disapointed with these changes. The Dashboard is a very central and historic functionality of jira.
We are asking for more functionalities, no less.

Like # people like this
Pat Sheehan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 10, 2024

I would like to know what drives these decisions . People build processes using JIRA and you break them on a whim . I use the projects gadget every day , your alternative is not an alternative . Please listen to your customers .

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events