Thinking towards your migration strategy!

migration.png

There are various approaches towards migration but finding the easiest and least painful step is always a hassle be it moving projects, users, attachments you name it - the list goes on and on.

If you have migrated instances before and still find doing the same thing daunting, I think it’s time to take a different approach once in a while just to get the better side of things.

cloud-migrate.jpg

There are two main steps in migration that you can find very daunting.

1. Users

2. Attachments

I’m focusing on users for now, because I’m sharing an easier way to get this done for those users who just want to move stuff or test stuff but find it hard to get the right tool at zero cost. How do you go about it? Well, continue reading below

Bulk create users and add users to multiple groups

Migrating from a different instance or rather from server or data center and wondering how do you get your users across? Well, think no further because we just might have the thing that you need.

A new ability has been updated on the BulkOps app for Jira cloud and it gives you the user the ability to create users and add them to multiple groups all at the same time right into your cloud environment 🤯

hold-up-wait.jpg

All I'm saying is that you can now bulk create users and add them to multiple groups at the same time 🙌. Okay, I think I have said enough, why don’t I show you how to do this using the app. The bulk create users features of Bulkops app for Jira can create

• JSM customers

• Jira users

You can still do the previous function of simply just creating the above type of users by using a CSV file similar to the one shown below.

create_users.png

The above file format will enable you to simply create the above users using their email addresses. Now going one step further, we added a third column requirement, which you can also upload. The app is able to distinguish when you upload a 2 column file as well as a 3 column file of what is expected. So don’t worry, if you send it some stuff we can’t understand, we’ll most likely prompt you with an error and let you know what’s wrong 😉.

If you’re creating multiple users and adding them to multiple groups, please use the below file format. All has to be in CSV either in e.g. .csv, .xls or .xlsx and in UTF-8 character encoding. So using a basic text editor should help you with this or if you’re using any spreadsheet program, you can get a similar character encoding format.

create_add_group.png

Once you have done the above, simply upload your file and we’ll handle the rest. The files are immediately discarded once the data are processed, so we don’t store or record any of the information uploaded. And there you have it, easy steps to getting settled on the cloud, did I forget to mention that the entire app is completely free from Atlassian marketplace 😱

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events