The new Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app is launching soon!

We’ve rebuilt the Jira Cloud app with a focus on custom notifications and connecting your Teams' meetings + conversations to your work in Jira.

What’s new?

• Personal Notifications: Skip the inbox and get customizable Jira notifications in Teams.

• Create issues from Teams messages: Convert a Teams chat message to a new Jira issue or add a comment to an existing Jira issue in just a few clicks.

• Jira in Meetings: You can now share your work in the side panel during a meeting. Visualize your Jira tickets in a Teams meeting in the side panel and sort by “worked on”, “viewed”, or “assigned.” Prioritize and update as a group with the ability to collectively create, edit, or view tickets with meeting attendees.

869ccd9b-db52-4f8e-bb42-84291cc8863d.png

789caca3-36ec-421e-978f-bfb5e8e755e8.png

Drop us a line below with your thoughts or feedback!

73 comments

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

This sounds like a time saver and a half, very excited for the launch 🥳

Like # people like this
Valerie Anderson September 29, 2021

Very excited about this. It will be way easier to stay organized and focused. 

Like # people like this
Lyle Philip Legaspi September 29, 2021

Looks great!

Like # people like this
Armando Gonzalez September 29, 2021

Super cool!

Like # people like this
Alex Gilhespy September 29, 2021

would be good if you could automate the creation of channels for incidents based on severity like you outline in your incident management handbook and slack

Like # people like this
jshippy September 29, 2021

Is this going to include new rule/automation options within Jira Service Management? Please?!?

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Eoin OSullivan September 29, 2021

How soon is soon?

Like # people like this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

@Alex Gilhespy We actually have another Atlassian team who created something similar for Slack and are currently exploring the expansion to Microsoft Teams - https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/connect-slack-app-for-incident-management/

Like # people like this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

@jshippy You will be able to view ticket requests within your Jira Service Management project in a tab that is added to a Chat or Team channel. There is limited functionality when editing these requests but you are able to set up notifications so that you can get updates on any activity regarding those issues like actions triggering automation rules.

I'd highly recommend looking at Halp if you're looking for a more robust ticketing integration between Jira Service Management and Microsoft Teams. 

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2021

@Eoin OSullivan We're aiming for between the next 2-4 weeks! :)

Like # people like this
Mo Ghanta September 29, 2021

OK, looks like this only works with JIRA Cloud?  my company ADT has jira.adt.com URL and that does not seem to work with this offering? I tried and it failed when I entered the URL.

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2021

@Mo Ghanta It looks like you're on Server and this app is for Cloud only. You can find the Server version of Jira for Microsoft Teams here

Auguste Leroy FEUMEUGNE September 29, 2021

very excited for the launch it ...

Like # people like this
Simon Medved September 30, 2021

I'm missing:

• configurable tabs to customize what filter to use in tab and not load all the data every time.
  • faster loading times as now it's too slow.
  • option to choose whether you want to open Jira links that you get in chat directly inside teams and not open the browser.
Like # people like this
Marcell Balla September 30, 2021

I like the first feature with the issues quickly created from a chat message!

Funny: the first picture shows a new ticket for setting the banner green. But in the second picture the ticket's title says it should be change to blue. :D

Like # people like this
zzalowitz September 30, 2021

Great -Can you make the browser screens faster? THey used to be, and they got super-slow lately....

Guilherme da Silva Manso September 30, 2021

We need options to watch Issues from a team/panel directly in channels, with updates organized in threads. Azure DevOps has it and works flawlessly.

Like # people like this
Edwin Goddard September 30, 2021

Any idea when this will launch?

Like # people like this
Neetu Verma October 1, 2021

We currently can add the comment from Teams to JIRA, just trying to determine how this will be different.. 

Like # people like this
McG October 1, 2021

Not sure if it's this latest release that's led to the following...

As you know, when posting Jira links, they will result in a card being appended to the Teams message.  Nowadays, two negative things are happening:

1) The format of the cards has changed.  They're larger and end up consuming so much real-estate, they can make chat threads unusable. See below for an example of how they interfere with using the chat sidebar during a live meeting.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.15.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.15.31 AM.png

2) The Jira links will resolve into inline cards vs. appended cards.  For example, I could be in the midst of typing a paragraph like this, I paste a Jira link, and keep typing — but the new card immediately inserts itself mid-sentence vs. being appended to the end of the message (like the 2nd screenshot below).  This breaks my flow, because I have to stop and correct my message, figure out where it got messed up, etc.

Like # people like this
Thomas Byard October 1, 2021

Can't wait!  Much needed!

Lourdes Munar October 1, 2021

When is the launch date? 

Like # people like this
Morné October 4, 2021

When? Please launch. Need this yesterday.

Like # people like this
Patricia Quail October 4, 2021

Can't wait

Leon October 5, 2021

Will the comments be public or internal comments?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events