The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

106 comments

Wynter Fenn January 26, 2021

Is there a way to lock the filter so it can't be changed by other users?

Daria Koshelieva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

Hello @Wynter Fenn
Thank you for the question.

Let me make a guess about the case: some Excel Files (with imported Jira data and Add-In Settings for that) were created using 'Copy' or ‘File Save As’ flows, or were sent via email. And now if change Filter or JQL Query in Add-In of original File it changes for Add-In in copied File as well and vice versa.

If assumption is correct please avoid those flows of creating Excel Files and use ‘File New’ flow instead.

If that is not the case could you please share your use case and its details so that we are able to reproduce, analyse it. 

Kind regards,
Dasha

Thomas Anker Nyrup April 19, 2021

Hi Atlassian,

Do you have any documentation for the plug-in with regards to the data transfer security protocols? Is it communicating over HTTPS, with which encryption etc.? I can't seem to find specific information for this plug-in.

Thanks.

Marcelo Sosa July 9, 2021

CAn anyone help me? I dont need the highlighted rows any ideas on how to import the info just to one cell? I just need the result: PLANIFICADA. 

=JIRA.JQL("Key=proe-196";"status")

Thnx

Jira_AddInExcel365.JPG

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

@Marcelo Sosa Try this: 

=INDEX(JIRA.JQL("key=proe-196", "status"), 2, 0)
Like Marcelo Sosa likes this

Hi Tanguy thank you! That was fast!!

I am getting an unknown error in excel which I am trying to figure now. This is the only thing it does excel 365. This red square with dotted discontinuos lines....but it wont retrieve anything else....

ExcelError.JPG

Hi Tanguy I managed to make it work in Google Sheets!!!! Thank youuuu!!!!

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Darrell MacKay August 11, 2021

How do you have separate queries for different spreadsheets? Import Data from Jira on spreadsheet 1, open spreadsheet 2 it is the same query. Change the query in spreadsheet 2, open spreadsheet 1 the query has changed to what was added to spreadsheet 1.

You can disregard. I just read a post where coping an excel file or using save as can cause this issue. That is the workflow I used. I'll correct it.

Kemal Erdogan September 30, 2021

thanks for the info, does it work with atlassian hosted instances? could we connect it to our local jira instance?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi everyone,

Let me suggest an alternative to the official Excel add-in for those who want to evaluate multiple options.

So, we released the Cloud version of our Better Excel Exporter app some weeks ago. It has been popular on the Server/Data Center platforms for a decade, and our users kept asking if we will offer this for Jira Cloud? Now it is available.

jira-cross-project-worklog-report-pivot-table.png

Our approach is radically different from what the official app does, and it offers:

• millions of customizations
  • support for almost any field types (like SLA, comments, change histories)
  • support for scripting (Groovy, VBA)
  • integrations with the most popular Jira Cloud apps (Tempo, Zephyr, Insight, etc.)
  • seamless interoperability with any tool that works with XLSX files (any version of Excel, Google Sheets, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Calc, etc.)

🍿 This video gives a 3-minute intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtE8CpHLQXo&t=4s

Thanks for reading!

1058914517 November 29, 2021

请求帮忙加入到Jira Product Discovery的内测中,我对这个产品非常感兴趣,同时有一些新的想法,希望与贵团队碰撞,非常感谢

Jan-Cees van Buiten January 13, 2022

Seems very useful, as I am now exporting from Excel manually, often for the same type of report. But in order to start, I need some information from Atlassian so I our security officer can determine whether or not I can start using this plugin.

How does the login in Jira work from Excel? Where is the password stored and/or what security measures are taken to make sure the data transfer is safely and also the credentials are kept safe?

I know already https is used, but that is just one part. Would appreciate an answer.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@Jan-Cees van Buiten , maybe create a ticket with Atlassian Support.

Jan-Cees van Buiten January 13, 2022

@Jack Brickey Thanks, I just did.

john benjohn January 20, 2022

The "example spreadsheet" link appears to be NOT working.

Like Denis Gries likes this
john benjohn January 20, 2022

The like to the guide doesn't appear to be working either:

3. Get started

You should see a Jira icon appear in the upper right hand of the Home tab. Click on the Jira logo to begin using the Jira Cloud for Excel add-in.

Want some tips on getting started? Check out our guide here.

^^^ can't find page SharePoint page.

Like Denis Gries likes this
Ian _I_ - Aware February 10, 2022

Is it possible to use this plugin to generate two different sets of data inside one Excel tab?

Stephanie Donnelly April 26, 2022

I would like to share the spreadsheet I have created with other team members, I have set the workbook to refresh on opening but I'm concerned that they need access to the plug-in before this would work?  Can someone confirm if the refresh works without access to the plug-in

Brian Debler May 23, 2022

@Stephanie Donnelly : From what I can see, each user needs to authorize the plug-in to use it, even for mere refresh cases.

Like Stephanie Donnelly likes this
Stephanie Donnelly May 23, 2022

@Brian Debler thanks, I've ended up setting it up so that it refreshes and gives them a view, which to be honest is what they had before so it shouldn't cause them any problems.

Dennis Winkel July 25, 2022

Currently I have the problem that tickets appear more than once in the list after an import.
This was not the case a few days ago.
Are there any current problems here?

Ryan Anderson February 8, 2023

I just moved all users from MFA to an SSO authentication policy via Atlassian Access.

I have a few users who use the Jira Cloud For Excel plugin. These users also work with a vendor who utilizes their own instance of Jira. So, I have a user from my domain logging into Jira via SSO, and trying to access another site using the same login. This works in a browser.

However, we are unable to see any of the filters in use the Jira Cloud For Excel plugin for the vendor’s instance of Jira. This is possible when using the MFA authentication policy, but not when using the SSO policy.

I have attempted to use the “connect another site feature” but I still only see the filters saved on my domain/site. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Ricardo Gonzalez February 15, 2023

can work this add-in with Jira Data Center or Jira service management?

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

@Ricardo Gonzalez no it can't. Cloud-only

Thomas Christof May 25, 2023

Hi, is there a way to export the changes that are made in Advanced Roadmap but not saved yet. This would really helpful for planning scenarios that are in progress but not finalized.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events