The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

106 comments

Henry Snijders November 20, 2019

This works nice!  My saved filters have specific fields and selecting the fields all the time will take to much time..but I guess that with the upcoming One-click export from Jira, the filterspecific fields are shown? 

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

@Henry Snijders hi there! If you create a starred filter with the fields you need in Jira, you can then import the filter (with those fields) into Excel without having to select the same fields all the time. Let me know if that helps!

Gareth Beynon November 26, 2019

Would love this for JIRA Server as well.

Stephan Grubbe Sølby November 26, 2019

@Catherine Chang I am trying to export issues sorted in parent-child relation (ideally, epic->std. issuetype->sub-task).

However, that sorting doesn't seem to be possible using the plugin and on top, the id's are not present in the fields, so I can't really do the sorting my-self.

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi December 1, 2019

Is there a way to have automated Refresh Data? Somehow to make sure the data is live? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

@Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi you can refresh the data manually by clicking here:

Annotation 2019-12-02 135118.png

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi December 2, 2019

Tanguy Crusson thanks, but this is a manual approach, can we automate it? Can we schedule refreshing? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2019

@Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi not yet - it's something we support in the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets add-on, and that we plan to add to the Excel add-in as well. 

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi December 2, 2019

I see, thank you. Do you have any expectation on when this feature is going to be added to Excel add-in? 

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2019

Hi @Gareth Beynon

We don't have an ETA for a specific date, but we do have plans to provide support for this! You can follow our progress by watching this ticket. In the meantime, you can also try out the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets add-on, which provides full support for users who want to schedule their refreshes. 

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2019

Hi @Stephan Grubbe Sølby ,

Our team would love to understand your problem more. Could you send us a quick email at pi-jira-sheets-feedback@atlassian.com so we can learn more? Or if you'd like, you can schedule a Zoom call with the team here.

Thanks,

Catherine

Nathan_Fairfield December 13, 2019

To echo Adam McKinty above, the real win for us would be some sort of JiraCountFunction.

When I think about exporting data from Jira to Excel, I think number of issues matching a criteria, than a desire to just take the information I already have in Jira and paste it elsewhere.

Like Daniel Goldberg likes this
Coby Fuller December 18, 2019

Is there a way to auto-refresh the data on a schedule when using the JIRA() function? Also, is there a way to preserve the sheet formatting after refreshing the data?

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi December 18, 2019

@Coby Fuller : You may want to watch this ticket as Cathrine has suggested to me

Tomer Koomen December 23, 2019

Is there a way to save my search as a filter?

Great Tool, thank you.

Coby Fuller January 6, 2020
Steve Godfrey January 10, 2020

Hi, can you point me to the T&C's as referenced in the statement " Accepting these permissions means that you allow this app to use your data as specified in their Terms of Service and Privacy Statement"

Thanks.

Samuel Ballé January 24, 2020

very much needed addon, perfect thanks

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

@Tomer Koomen You can create the filter in Jira and use it in the Excel add-on. Standard JQL is selected, but you can switch to Filter, where you can select your (saved) filter. But within the add-on you can't save your filter.

Emily Holcomb February 13, 2020

This is awesome! In my role, I enter and edit many issues in large batches. It would be really awesome to be able to enter a lot of issues from the backlog and then edit the description and other fields using this. I tried to do this, but the description I entered was completely wiped out upon refresh and it never got synced back to Jira. I realize this would need collaboration with Microsoft; how likely is this to happen? Is it in the roadmap and/or could it be added? @Catherine Chang 

Mark Jones February 28, 2020

How can I get the authentication for connecting to my Jira instance to re-appear?  My Jira password changed and now when I open this add-in in Excel, it opens the panel but just shows a spinning graphic.  I've tried to re-install the add-in, but no luck.  I can get it to work on Excel online, but prefer to use desktop Excel, since I am in it all the time.  Thank you.Jira Cloud for Excel issue.png

SUPINFO March 6, 2020

Nice for reporting !

Diego_Moralles March 31, 2020

@Mark Jones ,

I have the same problem. Did you get it fixed?

Mark Jones April 1, 2020

I never heard back from anyone (I didn't realize I had to turn on notifications on this site).  I kept working in Excel online, using the add-in there.  One day I opened a file I had used the add-in with and noticed that it had somehow fixed itself.  Unfortunately, I can't share what fixed it because I am not sure how that happened.  But it works again in Excel.

Diego_Moralles April 1, 2020

Understand. Thanks a lot for the help. I will follow the same path as you, I hope to be so lucky.

Thanks,

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events