The Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app is now live!

46 comments

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

@Jeff Boon We are going to release custom fields in the near future with this app but first, you will need to set up the custom date field within an issue.

After that, you can update those as needed!

Like Jeff Boon likes this
Alex Janes November 29, 2021

This is a fantastic improvement! Thank you for bringing this functionality to Teams. :)

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Jonathan Lloyd December 2, 2021

Does this work with enterprise? I'm trying to set it up to point at an enterprise server, but don't see it documented anywhere.

Ken Rachynski December 2, 2021

I'd like to add my vote for the add comment functionality. I was just asked what happened to it because we use it a lot here and now we've upgraded the app and it's gone.

Matthew H December 2, 2021

Does anyone know what the Confluence fix for this is:

Confluence Empty.png

Marcelo December 3, 2021

The card formatting when pasted on the chat is bugged. 

Also when creating jira issues from team chat comments, popup doesn't load like it was reported on previous comments

maximized windowjira bug.png

docked window

jira bug2.png

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

@Jonathan Lloyd This app is specifically for Cloud products. You can find a server version here

@Ken Rachynski We recently brought this feature back! If you click on the ... of a message in a Teams channel, you'll see the "Comment in Jira" option.

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2021

@Marcel I spoke with my engineering team and we can't seem to replicate that. Can you try logging in with a web browser if you're on the desktop client? We have rolled out updates and it might not have synced properly yet. Let us know if that fixes it!

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2021

@Matthew H My team is looking into this for you and I'll respond back with an answer as soon as we have one. Thanks for letting us know!

Like Matthew H likes this
KimmoS December 8, 2021

w.r.t. installation step #5: Once "Add to a team" the functionality is availbale in all the Teams teams and channels (except private ones) or does one have to repeat the install for all the channels where Jira is needed?

Can not test it right now, but the language is a bit confusing.

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
December 8, 2021

@KimmoS I definitely understand the confusion. So when you add the app to a Team channel, Microsoft Teams makes us default the installation to the "General Channel" but it will be accessible in all the channels within that Team.

If you have several Team Channels, you need to add them individually there and users need to add it to their personal scope as well.

We are sending out better messaging in the coming weeks so thank you for your feedback about this! Let us know how it goes.

Mike Spoonauer December 12, 2021

Do you want the ability to, after using Automation for Jira to create a thread in Teams for a Jira issue, automatically capture all real-time conversation underneath that thread as comments to your issue?

If you have any interest, consider adding your vote to the following feature request:

[JRACLOUD-77999] Enable MS Teams to automatically add comments to a Jira ticket - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Jeff Boon December 15, 2021

Few feedbacks I would like to suggest,

1) I am not directed to the JIRA Cloud chat in MS Team everytime I click on the floating notification that appears on the bottom right corner of our screen. I think it's best if clicking on the floating notification and it directly open to the JIRA Cloud chat.

2) Upon clicking on JIRA Cloud chat in MS Team, the Suggestions box below keeps popping up. Is there a way to hide the Suggestions box?

Screenshot 2021-12-16 112733.png

Like Josh Varga likes this
Jeff Boon January 6, 2022

Dear @Tygrr DosRemedios may I know is there any replies to my feedback above? Also may I know when will be expecting jira ticket creation in the Ms team if there's custom field?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2022

@Steve Keogh You should be able to save filters within a tab now :)

@Jeff Boon When you're in your Jira Cloud instance in a browser...

Go to Project Settings -> Issue types. Navigate to the corresponding screen. Add the field Due Date in the screen: Settings -> Issues -> Screens. When creating the new issue make sure that the Due Date field is activated: Create -> Configure fields -> Checkbox Due Date.

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2022
Sean Drohan February 1, 2022

@Tygrr DosRemedios Woot! You added all \ custom fields back!

All is forgiven and good, ty. 😉

~Sean

Bradley Davidson February 3, 2022

How can I get "Jira Cloud" to stop spamming our team General channel on a daily basis? Its really REALLY annoying.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 2.28.25 PM.png

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2022

@Bradley Davidson Apologies for the spam, and thank you for letting us know. That is not working as intended and users should only see that the first time they've added the bot to a Team Channel. I've got my engineers looking into your instance now. Please stay tuned!

Doug Cardona February 9, 2022

Hi, I'm getting double comment notifications for our users, I had the watchers and comments notifications on, so I thought that was the reason, but even if I disabled the Watcher comments notifications I still get double notifications for each comment in Issues were I'm the assigned (and some user have the same double notifications on comments when they are the reporter). It's perhaps a bad configuration on my side?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2022

@Doug Cardona I'm going to have my engineers take a look at this for you and report back. Thank you for letting us know! 

Like Doug Cardona likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events