It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Showing a personalized comment/mentions feed to users

One of the things I get asked often when new users try out Jira is "how do I see recent comments mentioning me?" And maybe Jira Cloud gets this asked often as well since they've reworked landing page into a "Your work" display. But it still lacks mentions.

So you start out making a JQL filter with comment ~ currentUser() right?

This works rather well if you're on Jira 8 (results return quicker), but it still won't show you comments in a chronological order.

What we need is integration into an Activity Stream (which is looking very long in the tooth by the way). There's a nifty Filters Activity Stream plugin in Marketplace that will let you use any filter and will show you a chronological view of your most recent mentions. So far it's looking good, and will be a useful addition in making it as part of the default dashboard for new users.

Any other tips for making a default dashboard newbie friendly?

1 comment

Ollie_Guan Community Leader Dec 31, 2019

Quick links-Displays links for common tasks, which is a convenient entry for new user.

QQ截图20200101125557.jpg

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Keep your team in the loop with Team @mentions in Jira Software!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny, a Product Manager at Atlassian. After launching Team @mentions in Confluence, we heard a lot of positive feedback from customers that they love how easy it is to @men...

589 views 6 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you