Retiring from the Community Leader Program - Heavy Heart

Retiring2-831x467.jpg

I will keep this short because it is difficult for me.

Today I am announcing my retirement from the Community Leader program. I have such mixed feelings but I am finally able to realize my lifelong goal of circumnavigating our amazing planet.

I have been part of the Community Leader program since 2017 and it has truly been an amazing experience. I have made some great friendships that I hope to retain even as I look to leave the program. I have seen the Community grow significantly and would like to believe that my efforts have helped. When I first started there were a handful of regular contributors answering questions and today I seen dozens of CLs helping others and new members continually joining the ranks. Clearly the Community is in some very good hands!

I want to thank @Erica Moss , @Stephanie Grice , @Monique vdB , @Mandy Ross ,  @Bridget Sauer @Darline Auguste , Celena :-( and the entire Atlassian Community team for all their support!

Thanks to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Susan Hauth (Toronto - JIRA Queen) for all the support during my early days.

Best of luck to the new heavy hitters too - @John Funk , @Dirk Ronsmans , @Dave Liao , @Liam Green , and @Bill Sheboy !

Alas, I never came close to taking the crown from @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ! I was sure he would retire before I did! He just keeps going and going and...

energizer.jpg

12 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

No.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, Jack - but we are not accepting this!!!   :-(

Seriously, I have a heavy heart this morning, And I will certainly miss you and the interaction in the Community. I have learned so much from you and appreciate the friendship and guidance and comments. You are a true professional in my eyes. 

Best of luck to you and may God Bless You and your family!!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

While I hope the date of today has something to do with your announcement and we'll get a "April Fools" in a little while, should this not be the case I wish you all the best!

In my brief time in this community I've enjoyed my time interacting with you and i'm sure the door will always remain open :)

Best of luck on your endeavors! 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

I'm really sorry to read this, it is a great blow to the Community @Jack Brickey 

Thank you for everything you have done for the Community, and thank you personally for all the help and support you have given.  You're someone I admire very much - and I will miss clicking on a question to find you've already answered it, and done so in a more succinct way than I could!

Good luck in your travels!  I'm sure there will be spare rooms across the globe should you need them.

On a serious note, you said recently when you retired you would be gifting you Kudos to @John Funk - please don't!!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

I really hope this is an April Fools joke, but if not, make the most of your extra free time! 🙏

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

@Liam Green  - Ah, yes!!! Thanks for the reminder!! 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 1, 2021

Banned GIFs | Tenor

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

76DB74B0-41CB-41E6-9072-FB2D17AAC854.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

@Jack Brickey that's just mean! 💀 haha we still love you

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

I should still get all of your Kudos points though  :-)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 1, 2021

@John Funk hmm I wonder if I can give negative kudos for this cruel trick! 😂

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

This is why I never go online (especially Atlassian Community) on 1-APR... hahaha!!!! @Jack Brickey = LEGEND!

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

@Jack Brickey We will miss you for sure!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events