You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
Hello Atlassian Community,
My name is Bryan Lim and I'm a Product Manager working on Jira Software.
Today, I'm pleased to announce the launch of two features that give Jira Software next-gen (soon-to-be-named team-managed!) workflows more power and flexibility.
You can now assign additional statuses to a Done status category (for example, you can set your “Won’t Fix” status to a Done status category), so that you can accurately reflect the status of your team's work.
You can now map more than one status per column on the board, and each status will be represented as a drop zone on your board’s column, so that you can keep your board tidy.
As your team triages incoming issues, you may come across issues that you decide you “Won’t Fix” due to various reasons (e.g., a reported bug is actually expected behavior). Now, we’ve allowed you to add additional Done statuses via the Workflow Editor:
1. Navigate to the Workflow Editor
2. Click on the add a “Done status” button on the top menu:
3. Type in a name for your new status, press the return key, and click "Add" to add your status:
4. Feel free rearrange your statuses (by dragging and dropping each status) to depict your team's workflow. When you're finished, click “Save and close”
5. (Optional) Highly recommended: If you’re running sprints, please map your Done statuses to the last column. To do this, open your new “Configure board” setting via the board:
6. Drag and drop the “Won’t Fix” status to the Done column and delete the Won’t Fix column:
7. Press save changes, and notice that the “Done” and “Won’t Fix” statuses are now represented as drop zones in the last column when you drag and drop issues on the board:
If your team has a lot of columns on the board and constantly find yourselves scrolling horizontally, try grouping some of your In Progress columns to simplify your board
If you are running sprints, we suggest you map your terminal status to the last column. A board is a representation of a team’s work; we assume that work moves from left to right as your team completes work during a sprint.
In the next couple of months, our team is working hard to deliver the follow workflow features:
Different workflows per epics
Different workflows for all issue types
Ability to unmap statuses from the board
Feel free to voice your feedback for these features (or your feedback for Next-gen, in general) on this thread.
Product Manager, Jira
4 accepted answers