New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team. 

I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share.

We want everyone in your organization to be able to use Atlassian Cloud products, so we made some improvements to the number of users we can support, product performance, and security and privacy.

First of all, we increased the user limit for Jira and Confluence Cloud family products. This includes: 

• Jira Software
  • Jira Service Desk
  • Jira Core
  • Portfolio for Jira
  • Confluence
  • Questions for Confluence
  • Team Calendar for Confluence
  • Training for Jira

We are offering early access to this new limit, so that any customer can go and add up to 5k users to their Jira and Confluence Cloud products today. 

But productivity isn’t just about user count, it is also about performance. We increased the Jira Cloud performance index by 25%, and the Confluence Cloud performance index by 20%. We are also adding more data centers around the globe in order to support faster performance. 

In terms of security and privacy, we have finished the foundational work to make our products and practices compliant with GDPR. We also have some exciting new certifications including ISO certifications for Jira and Confluence and SOC 2 Type II for Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket. Over the next year, we will work to expand certifications to the rest of our products.

And don't forget! Atlassian Access is now available to help with your user management and security needs. 

7 comments

Jorge Aguilar November 1, 2018

Hi Lauren,

This is great news! I just wanted to ask if Atlassian is planning to continue to support more and more users per instance. And what kind of milestones/targets do they have for the near future?

lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2018

Hey @Jorge Aguilar! Yes, we are continuing to work towards supporting more and more users. We don't have any timelines to share right now, but I'll be sure to share once we do! 

Jimi Wikman December 16, 2018

Is there any way to ensure growth? If I for example must be sure to have a limit around 7.500 or 10.000 users by Q3 next year for example? Or is there a way to contact you for a special setup for that limit?

Mark Pontifex May 7, 2019

Is there any plans to increase the cloud Confluence limit to greater than 5000 Users in the near future ?

We're assessing a confluence upgrade and would prefer a cloud confluence instance but the 5000 User limit in the Cloud Confluence is insufficient for us.

regards

lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

@Mark Pontifex @Jimi Wikman 

We recently announced that we are offering up to 10k users for a limited number of customers in an early access program. 

This is a closed beta and we are working with customers on a case-by-case basis to see if our program would work for them.

We are only bringing in customers to the 10k beta program that are either already using our cloud products or considering a new cloud deployment. In other words, we aren't facilitating migrations for the purposes of this beta. Let me know if you're still interested!

Mark Pontifex May 8, 2019

Hi Lauren thank you for the update and yes we would be interested. We're already using your Jira Cloud and are currently assessing the Confluence DataCentre version due to the higher User numbers but our direction is to move to SaaS solutions where ever possible.

lauren
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2019

Hey @Mark Pontifex  - great to hear! Would you mind submitting a ticket here? Someone will reach out to you there (to avoid anyone sharing their personal or work email on Community :) ). 

Here's the link - just be sure to list '10K EAP' in the title! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events