Microsoft Teams and Jira

40 comments

Stephen Hewison December 16, 2019

Hi,

I'm looking for support setting this.  I've setup up Jira.  The connection is active.

I've added the Jira Server app to Teams.

When authorising I'm getting the following:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

jira-teams.png

Rocsana Chereches August 24, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get this integration going between Jira and Teams. My company recently switched from Slack to Teams so we are pretty much up to date with our Teams client. 

Unfortunately, when I look into 'apps'  in Teams I cannot see Teams Jira app when I browse through the available apps. I can however find the Jira marketplace addon - Jira for Teams. 

The use case here is that I'd like to be able to raise tickets through Teams in Jira so I guess what I am trying to understand is whether I will be able to do so using the Jira Integration for Microsoft Teams or I need the Teams Jira app? 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rocs

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

@Rocsana Zbranca 

Thanks for asking. In order to make actions on Teams you need an App that will execute actions on your behalf, you need to work with your Microsoft Teams administrator to enable Apps.

Thanks,
Leo

https://www.moveworkforward.com/microsoft-teams-atlassian-consultation

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi Atlassian community!

I’m Catherine, a product manager at Atlassian. I am looking after the Teams + Jira Cloud integration and would love to chat with you for 45 minutes (in exchange for a $50 incentive) to understand how you use the product and how it could be better. If you’re interested in chatting, please book some time with me here: https://calendly.com/cchang-1/chat-with-atlassian-integrations-team?month=2020-09

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Jason October 22, 2020

We are seeing issues when trying to login from Microsoft Teams Jira Cloud app to a Jira Cloud instance with Access SSO turned on  Any ideas how to get around this?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Greetings! 

Where might I find information on the supported Jira Cloud issue fields which are available in MS Teams with this integration, and which fields are read vs. read/write?

Best regards,

Bill

Rocsana Chereches November 12, 2020

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

If you want to see what Jira can do through Teams, you need to go to Teams in the Jira channel and click in the 'type your question here' box. This will prompt you to see all the actions you can do via Teams to reflect in Jira. See below:

image.pngimage.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2020

Hi and thanks @Rocsana Chereches for the information.

However, I wanted to find out what issue fields are supported (for example in documentation like the other integrations) before I set up the connection to Teams and experiment to figure out the fields.

Best regards,

Bill

Pablo Prado April 20, 2021

i cant find any documentation about integrating jira cloud with teams using the plugin Teams for Jira  can someone help me? 

I tried do it by myself but when i try to authorize i get this windows with an endless loading bar

Captura.PNG

Will C
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2022

Hi there, has there been any progress on the setup side, particularly that every user has to do the setup for themselves rather than an admin controlled roll out so to speak so the end user doesn't have to do anything?

Like Pablo Prado likes this
Barend Vermaak February 17, 2022

Good day,
QQ: I've setup the JIRA Cloud feature in my teams channels (working great for my colleges, but how can I get my clients/quest in the channel get an overall view or something to see what is happening on that board? I don't want them to edit or interact with the tickets and I don't want to add them to my JIRA account (too many clients)

Is there a way to do this?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2022

Hi @Barend Vermaak -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One way to do that would be with an automation rule in Jira Cloud.  With that you could use a scheduled rule to post an update to a channel.

For examples of that, please look here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/slack-ms-teams

And to get started using automation rules, please look here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

Kind regards,
Bill

Barend Vermaak February 19, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Is there a way that I can get my quest to see a summary of a specific 'filtered' tasks and sub-tasks still open/outstanding? I've setup JIRA Cloud in a tab with a filter I setup in JIRA so that my colleges can see a specific filtered group of tickets within each channel (Different from channel to channel) and I want the clients/quests in that channel to see and only see that group of tickets as well.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2022

Hi @Barend Vermaak 

Please create JQL to find the issues you want to communicate.  Then use the JQL with LookupIssues to gather the issues, and select the fields you want to include in your channel.  Look here for more information about LookupIssues: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Lookup-issues

And for examples of sending to specific channels, please search here in the community for similar questions that have already been answered.  Thanks!

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Jan Lichter February 24, 2022

Hi,

is there any reason why the "Jira Server" app is not listed on MSs apps security and compliance list (Microsoft Teams Apps Security and Compliance - All Apps - Microsoft 365 App Certification | Microsoft Docs)?

Best, Jan

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events