Keyboard navigation has arrived in notifications list.

👋🏼  Atlassian Community,

My name is Vidu, and I’m the Product Manager for the Notifications platform.

I’m thrilled 🎉  to announce that keyboard navigation (and shortcuts) to ease navigation is now available in the notification panel  (🔔  icon in the top right of your Atlassian navbar).
Now users can navigate the list by using the keyboard arrow keys and combination keys to reach the end of the list.

Image.png

(These tips are also available in the notifications panel).

We also expanded on the keyboard navigation to add ‘shortcuts’ to perform actions on certain notifications when the notification has focus:
  • r → Toggles the read state of a notification. Marking it as read/unread
  • e → Expands the body of a notification

At Atlassian, we ❤️ all users, and we know not all prefer a pointing device. Some users are more comfortable using the keyboard for navigation.
Whether you’re a power user or not, we think you will benefit from additional ways of moving around your notifications list, aiding quicker findability of notifications that matter to you.

Got suggestions or questions?
  • Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any suggestions

1 comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2021

Thanks for the information, Vidu!

What plans are there to add the same keyboard-navigation functions to the activity stream shown in the community forums...such as the page with this announcement?

Kind regards,
Bill

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events