Keep your team in the loop with Team @mentions in Jira Software!

38 comments

Charan goud February 25, 2021

This is awesome and thanks for this feature.

1.I have created team in people section and when i was trying to mention the team name in jira commnet section but i am unable to tag that team though i am part of that team.

2. I am able to mention some teams even though i am not part of that team. 

3. The maximum limit of the team is 60 members only.

brian July 27, 2021

It appears the teams can only be created manually, and team members added manually.

Is there a way to automate Team members assignment based on Groups? (Groups synced from an identity provider). 

Like Matthias Gruber likes this
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

And... from what I am seeing you can add folks with a different email domain to a "team", but they cannot use the @mention unless they have the same email domain as the person who set up the team.... That was not a very good implementation. If they are in JIRA, you should be able to add them to a team... :(

Andrew Herrera August 31, 2021

This would be awesome if I could use it in automation.

Like # people like this
Chana Lewis January 13, 2022

@[deleted] can you @ mention a team from the create new ticket popup screen? I'm not able to, but wasn't sure if it's a setting. 

Paul Madison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Is it possible to mention teams in an automation?

Like # people like this
Coby Fuller February 16, 2022

So I'm assuming from the comment that @Tyler Young made, I'm not able to mention a team through an automation rule?

[~accountId:team ID]

Sanobar Khwaja March 3, 2022

I created a team in Jira and @mention  worked for 2 comments and then it stopped. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2022

@Sanobar Khwaja I took a closer look at your site.  It appears that two users on your domain had emailed bounced when our systems tried to send messages to them.  Atlassian operates a suppression list of failed email addresses as so not to continue to try to send to invalid addresses.  I have cleared the entries for these two accounts on your same email domain.  That should help to make sure these users can receive email notifications from @ mentions or other systems from Atlassian.

If this does not resolve the issue though, I would recommend that you reach out to one of your Jira Cloud site-admins and ask that they open a support ticket so that we can investigate your Cloud environment in more detail here.

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2022

as a user that did not create a team (nor am i part of that team) I am unable to tag the team

Adam Ludera July 6, 2022

Is anyone still running into problem that some users cannot mention a team?

It looks like there is some visibility "feature" built in that is very unintuitive - as an Org and Site Admin I've created two teams and most people can mention them but not all.

At the same time those who cannot mention the teams created by me, if they create a team - I cannot mention those teams.

In any case when one cannot mention the team they also cannot search those teams.

Like Christine Houlding likes this
Daniel Weinberg July 26, 2022

It would be nice if people not beeing part of a certain team could, nevertheless, mention that team. As far as I understood this is currently not possible. It would be awesome to use the team feature to request help from certain other teams. For instance, first level support requests second level support from finance team or the development team.

RJ Foltz February 20, 2024

Hi, is there an ability to mention a team in Jira Automation - add comment?  Also, can an automation rule add a team to the team field in a ticket?  This question is for JSM cloud.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events