Jira themes are moving to beta!

73 comments

Scott Pawluk January 17, 2023

Loving the dark theme!

Like # people like this
Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2023
Hello Community :wave:

We are excited to announce that the highly requested feature to sync the color theme of Jira with the system settings is now available! If you’d like to try it out:
  1. Go to Settings > Personal Jira settings.
  2. Scroll down the page to Jira labs.
  3. Make sure you have opted into Light and dark themes using the toggle.
  4. Choose “Match system theme”.

We hope you enjoy it! Please let us know if you have any further feedback or suggestions.

System Settings.png
Like # people like this
Justine Cassan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2023

The checklist background still in light mode. Thx for your work !

Like # people like this
Andreas Rühl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2023

@Justine Cassan true, but I guess because it is actually a Marketplace App? At least we are using "Issue Checklist Free" so that's why it is in light mode for us. But maybe I missed it and there is a official checklist feature from Jira or what checklist are you referring to?

Like # people like this
Davis Toliasvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 20, 2023

Is there any ETA on when could we expect Atlassian Confluence Cloud - dark theme?
That would be really sweet, otherwise working the whole day on confluence pages can make your eyes get strained pretty bad.

Thank you in advance.

Like # people like this
Rachel January 23, 2023

Great! looks very good already! Thanks for the effort!

Like # people like this
Rachel January 23, 2023

It looks great, but i have found that the  checlist block is still white. But i see you are already working on that so i hope to see it change soon!

Like Collista Lewingdon likes this
Rick Westbrock January 26, 2023

We have had a custom light blue header background since before dark theme was introduced and it works just fine for me:

dark-theme-blue-header-bg.png

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2023

Here is my Feedback - in a low light conditions, then you switch from a new dark mode Jira to Confluence page to read task details your eyes are bleeding from a white light. 

Like # people like this
Nagyné Széles January 27, 2023

I like the dark them, I am using it for some weeks now, but when I log, it changes back to the white and burns my retina out. Is there a way to include the log sceen in the theme? I log several times a day.

Like Matthew Ropp likes this
Matthew Ropp January 30, 2023

Agree with both @Alexey and @Nagyné Széles that dark mode is also very much needed in both Confluence and Atlassian login pages!

uberloss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 7, 2023

How can I enable this in corporate jira? I can't find a settings button anywhere.

Matthew Ropp February 7, 2023

@uberlossare you using Confluence cloud (URL will include atlassian.net)?

uberloss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 8, 2023

There is no attlassian.net in url, it seems to be iternal to corporate network.

Matthew Ropp February 8, 2023

@uberloss- that is then a different product.  Atlassian has the cloud version of JIRA and also a version that can be hosted by companies on their own networks/boxes.   It sounds like you have the latter.  Perhaps they have only implemented this feature for Jira cloud?   Or perhaps an upgrade of your company's version is required.

Mahmoud Abdelaziz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2023

Perfect 

Mike Ottiano March 20, 2023

There is a bug with dark theme.  When I go to reports page within a Software project the page is white then refreshes to dark.  

Michal Vit March 21, 2023

Thanks for giving us the dark theme!

Here's one persistent issue I've noticed - ConfigureFieldScreen:
image.png

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

@Mike Ottiano and @Michal Vit 

Appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We want you to know that we are actively addressing the issues you mentioned, and our team is working diligently to resolve them. We will keep you updated on our progress, and we thank you once again for your support.

Like # people like this
Rick Westbrock March 22, 2023

I started getting ~1 second of white before it refreshes to black about a week or two ago, it doesn't seem to be localized to specific pages for me but about the only pages which don't seem to be affected are view issue and Kanban boards.

Omar Hutchens March 22, 2023

Thank you for introducing this theme. I'm interested to know if there will be "suggested" theme colors that might be introduced. Not sure if you guys are familiar with Slack's theme color choices. 

This will allow for better color combinations. Great strides guys! 

Mike Ottiano March 22, 2023

@Amira Badran Any update on refresh issue?

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2023

@Rick Westbrock and @Mike Ottiano Thanks for reporting and following up on the while flash that was observed while accessing certain pages on Jira. I am pleased to inform you that this issue has been resolved. If you encounter any further problems, please don't hesitate to inform us.

Like Michal Vit likes this
Rick Westbrock March 30, 2023

@Amira Badran today I was on a Kanban board and clicked to open an issue and the entire screen went white for about three seconds (which is longer than the ~1s that I was seeing before the fix was put in).

Toan NC April 1, 2023

It's often to turn on and off between the Dark and Light mode on pages, ie: Jira, Confluence pages.
The deveopers often use Dark mode (to protect their eyes many hours daily), but sometimes it's not compatible with the page content, embed images, tables or charts SO we have to turn off the dark mode at that time to see the content clearly.
It means WE NEED A WAY TO TURN ON/OFF QUICKLY the Dark mode. I often use "Dark Reader", a Chrome Extension. I got years experience on it and it's good up to last week, the confluence page's content is still WHITE event Dark Reader is already Dark mode. It's a bug somewhere.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events