Jira boards and backlogs can now show 5,000 issues in company and team managed projects

Hey Community :wave:

:star: This announcement is for company and team managed projects :star:

We’ve been working on an exciting update for teams who work in company and team managed projects and have a large number of issues on their Jira board or in their backlog.

Before we made this update, Jira wasn’t able to load any board or backlog that contained 5,000 issues or more. To view your board, you had to edit the board filter to reduce the number of issues to below 5,000.

In the new experience, your Jira board will still load, even if it has more than 5,000 issues! 🥳 This means your team can keep working, viewing the board, and interacting with issues - even if you’ve gone over the 5,000 issue limit. The same goes for the backlog. You’ll only be able to view the first 5,000 issues based on your board filter settings, but you can edit your board filter or backlog if you want to reduce the number of issues.

Please note that you must be a project admin or a board admin to edit the board filter.

backlog_full.png

We’ll give you a heads-up whenever your board or backlog approaches the 5,000 issue limit, and again if it goes over the limit. If you’re an admin, follow the link to edit your board filter. If you’re not an admin, you’ll still see the message on your board or backlog, but you’ll need to ask your admin to edit the board filter.

Read more about issue limits in company-managed projects

Update, as of June 19 2024, this feature has now been rolled out to all team-managed projects! 🙌 You can read more about issue limits in team-managed projects here.

As always, we’d love your feedback 💙 - please leave a comment and tell us what you think!

4 comments

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2024

I love this update @Megha - i have had some of our project admins/coordinators have an issue with this in the past a few times.

Not showing the board/backlog at all was an issue and we have managed to work around it ... but this update makes me happy that it will not be a blocker anymore!

Thank you so much to you and Atlassian!

Like Megha likes this
Megha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2024

So happy to hear we have helped unblock your team @Yatish Madhav.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us 💙

Like Belto likes this
William Wilson June 3, 2024

@Megha I'd like to personally thank you for this. I know that having work reprioritized can be disruptive, and we, as a community are really incredibly grateful. Thank you and your teams so much for this. 

This is a great step and is a really great example of Atlassian's commitment this year to reconnecting with customers and fortifying the market value, and the original core principles that we all value.

Like # people like this
Megha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2024

Thank you for your encouraging words @William Wilson, we are so happy to hear our efforts are helping customers. And big thanks for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us 💙

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events