Jira July - Gathering Knowledge from the Best (and it's usually your team)

For the past 5+ years, I have worked in a high-performing marketing team focused on always bringing quality content to the company’s partners and users.

As many of you know, being a marketer in a software company is not an easy job. It takes time and a sufficient amount of calories (mostly from sugars) to sustain a good workflow, communication, and tracking of your activities. And most probably, you are always in a hurry.

I will continue my tradition of giving examples about how we kept our work clean and structured by following our software teams' best practices.

Know your Jira

Understanding Jira’s secrets and various use cases it’s not just for your dev teams. Knowing and using its capabilities was a vital step for our marketing team. We transformed the core Agile principles to fit our needs and started planning and tracking all marketing initiatives in Jira (like all other teams).

Since the Jira board is an essential element for each of our teams, It’s extremely handy when you want to explain boring marketing initiatives to your software teams 🙂. At least they are watching.

Use what you need to use

Since we are working with Agile and Scrum methodologies, it’s quite easy to fall into the perfectionist trap from time to time. Like, not adding an urgent task middle Sprint or planning the same things twice for the sake of planning.

Our software teams don’t have time for eternal discussions, so they are keeping it clean. After all, it’s not bad to shift methodologies if it’s raising your productivity.

Plan well, decide well, write it down

Can you imagine a room full of product marketing managers… Sounds hellish, right? I can assure you it looks the same. Probably each individual will have “the best approach”, “the ultimate solution”, or the “greatest suggestion”.

Thanks to our Jira board, we learned to carefully discuss, plan, agree, and write down our marketing goals. As a team.

Through the years, we made changes big and small, but always kept these three pillars of our daily workflow. Jira is a powerful tool for every team and if you are working in the Atlassian Ecosystem - definitely a must-have, must-learn one.

Jira.png

2 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Nice article @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ . Thank you for sharing as I’m always interested in seeing how non-dev teams leverage Jira and Confluence. If we both make it to Summit in 2022 would love to hear more.smile

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Thank you @Jack Brickey :) I'll be more than glad to have this conversation! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events