How to help end users get more comfortable with Jira

As powerful as Jira is, it is not always easy for some Jira beginners to start using it. Now and then, we all need a little help. Especially as your company adapts Jira’s usage beyond your software development teams to business users. In addition to making Jira work for their organization, Jira Administrators have another responsibility: training users to properly use it.

For those of you who have that responsibility, you’ll be excited to know that now there are additional resources available. Rachel Wright’s new LinkedIn Learning courses can help you ensure Jira is fully utilized across different teams. 

Rachel Wright has many qualifications. She is an Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator, author, and coach. She is an active member of the Atlassian Community and she never shies away from offering a well-thought-out solution or practical advice. She is also one of my favorite people. Why? Because she truly understands all aspects of Jira usage, and most importantly, Jira users, from beginner level to expert. I have personally used Rachel’s resources many times - that’s what compelled me to write this.

If you are a Jira Administrator, like most of our customers, you have probably heard about her book, the “Jira Strategy Admin Workbook.” It is an amazing collection of hundreds of recommendations, worksheets, templates, code snippets, and real examples to help you set up, clean up, and maintain Jira. Now, she’s added online courses to help Jira users as well. 

Rachel’s newest class is:

Learning Jira

(now available as a Cloud edition and Server/Data Center edition)

In these videos, Rachel shows users how to manage their daily tasks and help your organization plan its strategic initiatives. She covers how to navigate Jira, work with projects and issues, change user preferences, and create filters, dashboards, and boards. At the end of this course, users will have the core information they need to get started with Jira right away.

These courses are free if your company is a LinkedIn Learning subscriber or if you have LinkedIn Premium, which includes LinkedIn’s entire course library.

I hope you check them out.

1 comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

@Inna Gordin - good highlight, and good seeing you on Atlassian Community! 👋

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events