How to create a new classic project in Jira Cloud

Hello Jira Admins + Community members alike! 

In this video, you'll learn how to create a new classic project in Jira Cloud.

To continue learning about this topic, check out the Jira Administration Part 1 course on Atlassian University

You can also access the entire Community Training Video Library here.

If you have any questions or requests for topics you'd like to learn more about, please leave them in the comments below. 

7 comments

erich2048 June 16, 2021

Are classic projects still supported in JIRA Cloud?  I don't see the Classic option when I'm logged in as a JIRA administrator.

Like # people like this
Luke Goodsell July 4, 2021

@erich2048, the only way I've found of creating new classic projects is to do the following.

1. Click create new Project.

2. Select Scrum template.

3. Click use template.

4. Click Select a company managed template.

5. Choose a name and key, and importantly select Share settings with an existing project, and choose an existing classic project as a template.

You should then be able to create the new classic project.

Hope this helps, because Atlassian's treatment of long-time customers has been very poor lately.

Like # people like this
erich2048 July 6, 2021

Thank-you @Luke Goodsell , that is very helpful.  
I have also discovered that the Scriptrunner warning about incompatibility of the EpicsOf function with next-generation projects is out of date, and, in fact, the function works correctly on Jira Cloud with new projects, which is why I was looking for ways to create a classic project.  So, I think I'm OK with the new project format.

Mariah Tree September 8, 2021

Anyone find a solution if you don't already have a classic project to use as a template?

Like # people like this
Stefano Vergani September 29, 2021

Thanks @Luke Goodsell . For me it worked only if I chose the template for Bugs tracking. Only in that way I could get a classic project

White_King April 14, 2022

I wasn't able to create a classic project by any means, I assume they are not available on the free plan :(

Tara Mullen-Boustiha July 18, 2022

Thank you Luke!! Worked for me

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events