How to Downgrade Confluence from Standard to Free

This article explains the steps of how to downgrade from Jira Software Standard to Jira Software Free in the new Atlassian billing system. This process will take about 5 minutes to complete. 

If you are on the old billing system, please refer to this article

Steps

Step 1: Go to your Confluence site.

Step 2: Select the settings wheel () in the top right corner to open site settings.

Step 3: Select User management from the drop down.

Step 4: Under the Directory tab, select Users from the side bar.

Step 5: Remove users until Confluence has 10 users or less.

Step 5a: To remove a user: Go to Show details next to a users name. In the products table, find Confluence, then select the three-dots icon (...) and select Remove product access from the drop down. Note: You can remove a user from all products by selecting the the three-dots icon (...) in the top right corner and selecting Remove user from the drop down.

Step 6: Once you have 10 or less users, go back to your Confluence site.

Step 7: Select the settings wheel () in the top right corner to open site settings.

Step 8: Select Billing from the drop down.

Step 9: Ensure you’re under Subscriptions in the side bar.

Step 10: Select Change plan.

Step 11: On the plan selection page, select Select Free. Then, acknowledge the terms & conditions and select Agree and confirm. Note: If your Confluence account has more than 10 users, you will not be able to downgrade. Go to step 5a to learn how to remove users from your account.

Step 12: Select View subscription and note that your account is now under the Free plan.

FAQs

• Why am I on a Standard plan? I thought I was using the Free version of Confluence.

• If you have more than 10 users on your product, your account was automatically upgraded to the Standard plan. The user limit for the Free plan is 10 users.

• I don’t think the message that I got about downgrading to free applies to me. Why did I get it?

• If you have 10 users or less and are on the free version of Confluence, you don’t need to take any action. You can check the status of your site in admin.atlassian.com > Products > Products. The column under “Plan” will note what version your product is on.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events