How To Guide: Adding an Organization Administrator to an Atlassian Cloud Instance

This guide will provide you with the step by step instructions in order to add a new Organization Administrator to your Atlassian Cloud instance.

Please Note: You will need to be an Organization Administrator to complete these steps!

If you would like to learn more about what capabilities an Organization Administrator can do, you can read more in the documentation here.

• Start by going to https://admin.atlassian.com

• When the page loads, select the organization you wish to manage. (there my be more than one if you have test instances)

• Once you are on your organization page, select the “Settings“ option from the top navigation menu.

• On the next page, select “Administrators“ in the left hand navigation menu.

• When the new page loads, select the “Add administrators“ button in the top right corner.

• In the pop-up dialog, enter the email address of the new Organization Administrator. (they will need to have an Atlassian ID linked to that email address or you will get an error)

• Click the “Grant Access“ button.

• You should get a notification in the bottom left corner of the screen that you were successful.

• An email notification will be sent to the user to inform them that they have been removed as an Organization Administrator.

To see these steps in action, check out this visual guide:

7 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Appreciate the step-by-step instructions for those who can't view videos (or learn better by reading). 😊

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

@Dave Liao I'm more of a visual learner ;) but I thought this would appeal to a wider audience :D

Like Dave Liao likes this
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

Thank you for this video @Jimmy Seddon !

I  accidentally remove a tag (i'm on phone) but can't remember which one. Can you add it back.

Sorry !

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

@Mohamed Benziane not a problem.  These things happen.

paulcreedy October 3, 2022

I'm the administrator for the org, as I set it up, and it shows ORG ADMIN next to my username in the users list, but I don't have an option to add an additional administrator.

Capture2.PNG

The options I have on that screen are:

Capture.PNG

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@paulcreedy - for best results, I'd start a new Question with your issue. Good luck!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@paulcreedy The reason you don't see the menu item is the user management has been changed recently. It should be available under Directory > Users > User detail > Three dots menu > Assign organisation role

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events