How I passed ACP-120 Jira Admin for cloud certification exam

Hi, community!

I want to share my story with you.

As a community leader I use the oppertunity to keep learning and do Atlassian certification exams. That's a great way to add knowledge and stay expert.

I just passed the Jira admin for cloud ACP-120 exam yesterday on first try :)

That was not easy, I would like to share some tips with you if you think about going to do this exam.

How to start?

If you are a beginner, or do not have a lot of experience with Jira cloud you should complete the two courses as pre-requisite

jira-administration-part-1 and jira-administration-part-2 

They are not free (39$ each)

After you complete the knowledge of the 2 courses (or if you have it in advanced):

I recommend to go step by step with this new course Atlassian provides

ACP-120 Jira Administration for Cloud Exam Success 

It provides great pereperation and reall examples. During the exam I smiled and knew the right answer - I learned it from the course.

BEFORE you start the course, download the acp-120-exam-topics-list.pdf from the resource section. It provides the order of the exam topics and very helpfull links to each subjects.

So make the course in parallel to the PDF and go the suguessted links during the study,they provide more details. 

Do not be satisfied only with course content - read Atlassian documents during the learning and shape your knowledge.

Atlassian provides more free courses that can be assist with the exam topics - I recommend to keep time for them too.

working-with-jira-system-fields-skillbuilder-course 

customizing-jira-workflows 

jira-automation-for-admins-skillbuilder-course 

JQL for Admins

managing permissions in Jira cloud

Practticing is part of the learning curve. 

Atlassian provides free access to Jira cloud (and other tools) if you use less than ten users. So I careated new site and during the learning time I tried everything I leaned on my site until it worked and untill I fully understood the specific chapter .

I created four users:

1. Site admin
  2. Product admin (Jira administrator)
  3. Project admin
  4. A regular user without special permission.

In this way I could illustrate all the scenarious and checked my knowledge.

NOTE : the free subscription does not provide permissions support.

Since permission is a big part of the exam, I recommend to upgrade to standard or premium edition. You can use free trial for one month.

After a month, if you still need it' you can pay for four users,it's not expensive.

And last tip : I added Confluence to my site and wrote all my comments there. At the end, I reviewed my comcomments, that was very helpfull.

I installed Confluene app on my mobile phone so I could see my comments and tips there, even on the way to the exam :)

I wish you good luck!

Cheers

Gal

image.png

12 comments

Marie Kent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

@Gal Fatal Congratulations! Really appreciate you sharing your approach. 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Congrats!

Like Gal Fatal likes this
Isha January 20, 2023

@Gal Fatal +++ Kudos to a job well done!

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 20, 2023

Amazing @Gal Fatal and we love that you blogged about it! Kudos and keep sharing!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the info!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

Congratulations @Gal Fatal !

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2023

Well done, @Gal Fatal ! Thanks for taking time to write this up and share.

Jatinder Mangat April 26, 2023

Congrats @Gal Fatal

This is super helpful...so appreciate.

Pam L McCormick November 3, 2023

Congratulations!!  I appreciate you sharing your experience and insight.

Christian Calkins November 3, 2023

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing all this great information!

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2023

Congrats!

Bhagyalekshmi S January 12, 2024

Hearty Congratulations!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events