Enhanced Jira board and backlog

463 comments

Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2023

Thanks @Christoffer Karlsson for sharing your feedback. Are you able to share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Feel free to email this directly at lsutherland@atlassian.com 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2023

Hi @Orly Dahan thank you for the feedback. An iteration of the "Move to Done" button will be rolled out in the coming weeks. 

Like # people like this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2023

Hi @Jisu Lee  Could you please share your instance name and associated email and I'll ask the team to investigate this. Feel free to email me this directly at lsutherland@atlassian.com 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2023

Hi @Chuck Oleary thanks for the feedback, this isn't what I'd expect. 

Would you be available for a call to demo the issue? You can see my calendar here: https://calendly.com/lsutherland1/30min. We'd have a gift card for you as a thank you for your time! Alternatively you can share screenshots/videos directly with me at lsutherland@atlassian.com 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2023

Thanks for sharing @Marian Mengert! We're to planning to roll out an iteration of this display in the coming weeks. 

Like Marian Mengert likes this
Lizzie Jack September 7, 2023

I've been using the enhanced board and backlog for a few weeks now and love the new features, however I've noticed that the story points estimate on future sprints has disappeared as of 9/6/23.

My settings haven't changed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jira Backlog Points.JPGJira backlog 2.JPG

Like # people like this
Donny Gison September 7, 2023

Awesome community!  Thanks @Lisa !

Like Lisa likes this
Chris Rogers September 7, 2023

@Lisa and @Eoin - I'm not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere in the comments, but I am configuring a site for one of my clients, and after toggling on the enhanced backlog, we're not seeing the new pre-made filters.  I've tried multiple browsers and my colleagues are getting the same results.  What's the best way to report this?

Update: Figured it out; you need to have a Story linked to an Epic in order for the Epic dropdown to appear.  If you only have Epics with no children, you won't see the dropdown.

Like Lisa likes this
Sune Trudslev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

How do you enter the EAP?

Like Lisa likes this
Orly Dahan September 9, 2023

@Lizzie Jack yes we are experiencing the same thing - for future sprints its missing

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2023

Hi @Lizzie Jack , thanks for sharing the feedback & screenshots. We're to planning to roll out an iteration of this display in the coming weeks. 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2023

Hi @Sune Trudslev ,

These enhancements are available to all users on Company-Managed Projects. Simply toggle on the enhancements from the three dots menu on the top right of your project - there's a GIF of this on the blogpost. If your instance was recently created, you may not immediately get the changes. But don't worry, this is only for a short period of time! Let me know if you still have any issues accessing the enhancements. 

Lizzie Jack September 11, 2023

@Lisa - is there another way to see points in future sprints on the new backlog view? I've found that I can switch back to the old view and see the total points but this is fairly inconvenient.

Strange move from Atlassian to take useful functionality away and not immediately replace it! 

Like Jean Gordon likes this
neville_collins September 12, 2023

Did not work correctly for me, as soon as we enabled US disappeared from the backlog. Very odd behaviour. 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2023

Hi @neville_collins thanks for sharing - that doesn't sound like expected behaviour at all. Could you please share a screenshot of what you're experiencing? Feel free to email this directly to me at lsutherland@atlassian.com. 

Jesus Davalos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2023

Nice features with these enhancements but can we put the Issue ID in their own row? or somewhere else that is always visible? or have more controls on the Card Layout in the Board Settings?

I appreciate removing the white space from the cards and making them smaller but there is a lot of information in one single row (Issue icon, Issue ID, Story Points, Commits, Time on the Column, Priority, and Assignee) when using my regular HD (1920x1080) monitor the information is overlapping, looks fine if I use my 4k (3840x2160) monitor but I share lot my screen during meetings. The problem here is that during these meetings people look at my screen and use the IDs to talk about the tickets and they can read better from my HD screen than the 4k.

Here are some screenshots with the enhancement ON and OFF using my 1920x1080 monitor

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
Noushin Kananian September 14, 2023

Good information. Thanks for sharing your invaluable knowledge and experience. It's really appreciated. 

Like Lisa likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2023

Thanks for the screenshots @Jesus Davalos ! I can confirm the team are working on this, you should see the full ID back in the next few weeks. 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2023

Hi @Eoin - I noticed when I toggle the Enhance my Board and Backlog to ON, the section below the sprint that shows Number of Issues remaining, number of Hours and Estimate in Story points disappears. I've done numerous tests and not sure why this is happening. Can you let me know if there is a fix in for this? See screenshots below:
What should be displayed: 
Sprint Correct.png
Where it is not displayed: 

Sprint Not Correct.png

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2023

Hi @Eoin - When I toggle the Enhance my Board and Backlog on, the section below the sprint that shows the Number of issues Remaining hours and Estimate in Story Points is not shown. When I toggle the Enhance my Board and Backlog off it comes back. Is there a bug logged for this? I don't see why it would not be there any more. See screenshots below:
Where it should be when toggled on: 

Sprint Correct.png

Where it is not when toggled on:

Sprint Not Correct.png

Like # people like this
Artem Shukman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 21, 2023

Hi @Lisa today ia have som trouble with my board in enchansed version. My team works with stories and subtasks and today all subtask is dassapeared from the board...

i didn't change any filters or another settings.

I want to see tracks by assignees with theyr task, but it doesn't work...Will this viewing mode no longer be available or is this a bug?

When i toggle Enchance mode off, its working correctly on the old version...

In new version i can see subtask just in tracks story... 

Like # people like this
Ícaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 21, 2023

Having the same problem as @Artem Shukman... In the enhanced version, all of our issues disappear from the board.

It appears that this problem wasn't happening yesterday 🤔

Like # people like this
John Hood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 21, 2023

As Artem and Ícaro mentioned, this broke for us today too on a board where we use "swimlanes based on queries". Perhaps there is a bug affecting that implementation?

Like Jean Gordon likes this
Chris Rogers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 21, 2023

Same as Artem above; subtasks disappear from the enhanced view although interestingly enough, the number in the column does update.  If I have 7 issues (5 tasks, 2 subtasks) and I click a quick filter to hide the subtasks, the number in the To Do column drops from 7 to 5.  If I turn off the enhanced board, everything shows as expected.

Like # people like this
Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

@Eoin I saw the message that the board and backlog enhancements will be switched on for all users by default on October 25.

This means that we will not be able to turn it off as it is right now?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events