Don’t recreate your plan, duplicate it

Don’t recreate your plan, duplicate it

Creating a solid plan takes time; scaling its value shouldn’t. To that end, we’ve now added the option to duplicate any plan in Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Software. In a few clicks, that perfect plan you created now has endless applications, whether you’re copying the plan for a similar use case or standardizing agile planning best practices across the entire organization.

For example, if you need to enable different groups of teams to plan and track their work in a consistent way, you can create a plan with all the desired views, custom fields, and settings to serve as a base for all other plans. Other groups can then duplicate this plan and adjust the issue sources and teams for their own planning purposes.

plan_duplication.png

What am I duplicating exactly?

A plan in Advanced Roadmaps is much more than the issues it contains. You also need the right settings to organize those issues in a way that communicates the right information. When a plan is duplicated, the same issues and settings are reflected in the new copy to ensure no valuable context is lost. Specifically, this includes:

Duplicate that plan

If your mind is brimming with ideas for how this new feature can help your teams, try it out and duplicate a plan today! As always, feedback is welcome and appreciated at any time via the Give feedback button in the upper right corner. Happy planning! 😊

11 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

@Carol Jang I love it when a plan comes together.

I love it when a plan comes together.gif

Like # people like this
Daniel Obst April 5, 2023

Is this already active for every tenant?

We don't have that feature yet. 

Like Lucas Zorzi likes this
Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Daniel Obst ,

This feature was released for every tenant except for customers who have opted for release tracks. If your tenant is one of them, this will be included in the upcoming release bundle.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Sweet!

giphy

Thank you @Sachithra Dangalla 

Like Carol Lage likes this
Abhinav Shilwant April 26, 2023

Nice cool feature!

Darin Klein June 2, 2023

Available for DC yet? 

Like Thomas Mitchell likes this
Rodrigo Jose Zaparoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2023

Hello @Darin Klein,

Following feature request for this: JPOSERVER-7896

Simon Bumes June 22, 2023

Is it also possible to use this function as a free user because i don't have the plans button between Teams and Apps.

Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Hi @Simon Bumes ,

Advanced Roadmaps is available in Jira premium and you can start a free trial as described here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps/pricing

Natalie Mickan (TMNA) June 29, 2023

I tried to duplicate a plan because it is my 'template' plan for all other projects that follow -- and I have many under my portfolio that are similar -- but I get the error message, "There was an error when trying to duplicate your plan". I have enabled scenarios and don't see anything else with permissions that would prevent me from duplicating my plan. Help?

Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

Hi @Natalie Mickan (TMNA) , Please reach out to our support team through https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ for help with resolving your issue.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events