It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Did someone say swimlanes in Jira Cloud Mobile?

From today, if your board in Jira uses the ‘swimlanes' feature (for classic projects) or ‘group by’ (in next-gen projects), you’ll now see the swimlanes for your board in the Jira cloud mobile apps.

This was one of our most requested features for the mobile apps, so we’re excited to bring this experience to you.

(Not sure what swimlanes/group-by are? Find out more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-swimlanes-764478010.html)

We currently support all of the swimlane types in classic projects:

• Projects

• Epics

• Assignees

• Queries

• Stories

We also support all of the currently available groupings in next-gen projects:

• Issue parents

• Assignees

If you are an admin on the board/ project, you can also change the grouping used in your board from the app, by swiping down to reveal the filters in the board on iOS or clicking the filter icon from the top navigation bar in Android and clicking the 'group by' filter. Note: this changes the grouping for everyone that uses the board.

This is available from version 76 (currently in beta) of the official Jira iOS app and version 22 of the official Jira Android app.

To get access to these features right now, sign up to become a beta tester: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Sign-up-to-be-a-beta-tester-for-the-official-Jira-native-apps/ba-p/1024355

Let us know what you think of the new boards experience using the in-app feedback by shaking your phone, or from the Account tab in the app!

5 comments

Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2019

Awesome!

Sean Blezard Mar 13, 2019

Hi, this isn’t swimlanes - this is grouping inside each lane. A swimlane creates completely separate horizontal tracks that divide up tickets. When I select “group by epic” all I get is a wrapper in each column for the epics). Am I missing something??

David Wilson Atlassian Team Mar 14, 2019

Hey Sean, thanks for your response, and no you aren’t missing anything.

We’ve decided to optimise swimlanes (group by for next gen) on mobile, for the most common way people see and interact with boards on mobile, one column at a time vs web where the majority of the time you can view the whole board at once. During testing we looked at a number of different options including, replicating how you view and interact with swimlanes on web, however there were a number of issues with this. The most common issue being respecting the column height for all columns, pushed a lot of issues off the screen in place of large, empty columns.

I’d be happy to jump on a call to hear how you currently use swimlanes and better understand how that translates to mobile. You can reach me at dwilson@atlassian.com

Cheers
Dave

Cornelius Schiffer May 02, 2019

Hi there,

this feature does not seem to work for me. My (classic) board has swimlanes enabled based on stories but on iPad (version 79 according to the App Store, version 80 according to the in App settings) no grouping is happening. Child Tasks are on the same level as their parent tasks.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Cornelius

Joshua Carolan Atlassian Team Wednesday

Hi @Cornelius Schiffer

Sorry I missed your comment - is this still an issue for you?

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,449 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you