Changes to how linked issues are created on Jira Cloud

Update: We've paused this initiative. The Create linked issue experience will continue functioning as it is currently until further updates.

TL;DR The Create linked issue screen in Issue view and Advanced issue search will now base its configuration on the screen scheme of that project and issue type.

Hello Jira community,

We've changed the way you create linked issues. Previously on the Create linked issue screen, only required fields like summary, description and other fields configured under schemes were shown. Also, you couldn't reorder the fields.

With this change, you'll now be able to see optional fields and reorder fields based on the issue type and screen scheme of that project. The Create linked issue screen will now use the modernised issue create experience, where you can see optional fields, reorder fields and even use features like the request type field on Jira Service Management projects.

To let us know how we can make the new issue create experience better, any problems you'd like us to fix, or any concerns in general, leave us feedback in the comments section below. We'd love to hear how we can help you.

Thank you,
Arbaaz Gowher
Product Manager, Jira Cloud

6 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

I would like to see the Create linked issue directly as an option under Link issue.

Now it only features:

• Link Confluence page
  • Add web link
Like João Cunha likes this
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

@Gosia Kowalska Will this feature make it to on-prem anytime soon? We have been asking for it for ages.

Kerri Simpson February 10, 2023

This is absolutely awful, we now have to check to make sure the fields we actually want populated are done so correctly which is causing more work for us. The old view was much better if you had just given us the option to add in what we thought was good for us would have been better but you have chosen for us which is not acceptable as some of these fields are not removable

Jack Drury February 10, 2023

I agree with @Kerri Simpson that this is not a good change, especially when linking tickets.  Now, when we link tickets where we are communicating with a customer, the default reporter on the new ticket is the customer's email as opposed to the user creating the linked task.  When we link a ticket somewhere, it is for internal purposes, not so that the linked task can be used to communicate with the customer.  Since we are not used to this new workflow the odds are someone will link a ticket for internal purposes and unintentionally leave the customer as the reporter, which could lead to them receiving internal notes/comments that were not intended for them.

Remo Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

@Jack Drury We understand your concern and our product team is working on priority to fix this via JRACLOUD-80501. If you would like us to revert these changes, please contact us via support ticket mentioning JRACLOUD-80501 so that we can assist you.

Francoise Maarse February 16, 2023

Bad change, because I have to copy and paste the content of a servicedesk issue to the created linked issue. I like the extra fields, but really miss my content. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events