Build information from Bitbucket Pipelines is now available in Jira Software Cloud

Hey Atlassian community,

My name is Gareth and I am a PM on the Jira Software Cloud team. Today I am excited to share that we just stepped up the integration between Jira Software and Bitbucket Pipelines.

Jira users practicing CI/CD with Bitbucket Pipelines can now see real-time build information in Jira for each Jira issue that is linked to a branch in Bitbucket.

From within Jira, teams can now:

• See the current build status (and a history of past builds) on the Jira issue screen.

• Use the release hub to see the build status for all issues that are part of the next release.

Over the coming weeks, we will also add JQL support for deployment, builds and feature flag information associated with Jira issues. This will allow you to create advanced searches and board filters based on the criteria that matter most to you.

To add build information in Jira:

1. Connect Jira and Bitbucket.

2. Mention the Jira issue key in the branch name, for example: “PT-323 my branch”.

This will connect “my branch” with Jira issue “PT-323” and send build information to Jira whenever there is a build event in Bitbucket Pipelines.

Learn more about these features at the Bitbucket blog.

We'd love for you to try out the new integration and let us know what you think, either here in the comments or via the Feedback button in Bitbucket or Jira.

Gareth,
Jira Software PM

4 comments

Shubham Karwa February 9, 2019

Thats great! It will take JIRA to next level. 

Oskar Collin February 20, 2019

@whammy Does "Atlassian Connect Apps" mean that for example Microsoft needs to build an app that integrates Azure DevOps to Jira next-gen projects in order to show build statuses from Azure DevOps on Jira issues?

whammy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Oskar Collin that's correct. We're actively working with a number of different providers to ensure that our customers tools are supported. Keep a look out for updates!

Oskar Collin February 21, 2019

@whammy Thank you for you quick repsons! Let's hope Azure DevOps is included in the providers. It's the only feature at the moment preventing us from moving to the next-gen projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events