Avishay Silverman October 31, 2021

hello, 
I try to run the script on Win and I failed,
could some get help here ?

thanks

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@K_ Yamamoto  If you are using Admin Kit for Jira Cloud is there a way to automate the download and export it to Google Drive for storage or does this automated backup just keep the newest version for restoration if an issue arises?

Like # people like this
Shraddha K Goswami December 9, 2021

Very useful, thank you.

Sorry to revive this thread but is it possible to restrict Jira API to any specific project?

Thank you.

Léo Badia December 14, 2021

@K_ Yamamoto Like @Aaron Geister I would love to be able to automate the download with the admin kit. I tried to use the powershel script from https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/ but I'm having trouble making it work and the Adminkit is already pretty good, it's just missing the auto download function.

Like # people like this
Shiv Sharma February 3, 2022

When I run the rule, it fails with a message that the IP address has been rejected because it is not on the allowedlist.

What IP address should be added to the allowed list? Thanks!

Shiv Sharma February 3, 2022

Admin Kit for Jira gives the following error when trying to use it after installation.

Unexpected error in app

An error occurred while trying to load this app.

• Refresh app
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Re: Admin Kit -- it doesn't work with the IP Allowlisting since the outbound IP address ranges from Forge apps are not disclosed at the moment. Vote for FRGE-276 to make it possible.

Re: Admin Kit -- the download automation is out of its scope. Refer to FAQs for more details.

Re: Jira automation -- The error regarding the basic authentication method should probably be due to the incorrect configuration. 

David Lee March 30, 2022

@K_ Yamamoto I looked at the Admin Kit apps but once you have IP whitelisting enabled, they can't work.  Do you have a workaround that @Ali Alnakeab mentioned with the Automation not working using basic auth since it is deprecated?  Not sure how to add the API token as a header.

K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

@David Lee Consider voting for FRGE-276 to make Admin Kit work with the IP Allowlisting.

If you issued the API token at https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens and still saw the deprecation error, the exception message is a red herring. You need to properly encode the credentials as described at (1-2) in the article.

ashleytse April 3, 2022

may i know if this work for Next-Gen project? if i want to create backup for datacenter version

thanks!

Rajesh Munshi April 4, 2022

Hi, 

It's possible Setup automatic backup for Jira support instance and Confluence support instance..

If possible please give me how to do.

Rajesh Munshi April 4, 2022

Hi Yamamoto,

First of all Thank you , after select Scheduled and click A CRON expression  but now showing (simply run the conditions and actions without providing issues") option please help me how to configure automatic backup.

image.png

Like ashleytse likes this
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2022

To comply with the security requirement of Marketplace, I am deprecating Admin Kit’s automated backup feature. Please refer to Important notice - backup feature deprecation for more details.

Rajesh Munshi April 11, 2022

Thank you for support Yamamoto I have one issue,

preform testing I have run full backup 2 time and I have checked in cloud storage is over the limit show how to clear,  any option, or wait 14-day auto-clear or contact Atlassian support  

please help me.Storage.JPG   

K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2022

@Rajesh Munshi The backup file doesn't occupy the storage capacity. It only counts up the attachment files. So please consider delete the unnecessary media files attached to issues and pages.

Rajesh Munshi April 12, 2022

Thank you Yamamoto , I took a backup of JIRA Software on April 6, 7, 10, 11
So I have to empty my storage, is there any way
Is there a way to delete a backup file?

David Lee April 12, 2022

Hi @K_ Yamamoto 

I set up the backup scheme from your post but after enabling whitelisting, i am no longer able to run either Jira or Confluence backups.   Any advice?

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 4.21.33 PM.png

K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2022

@David Lee Good point. For those using IP Allowlistinginclude the IP ranges introduced at Outgoing Connections.

Atlassian Learner May 23, 2022

Hi @K_ Yamamoto ,

I created automation for automated backup with the above mentioned procedure in my Jira cloud,

But however i was facing an error below Screenshot 2022-05-24 104104.png

Can you please help me here for what I am missing here. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

varma

Like # people like this
Richard Alleman May 29, 2022

Is there a way of performing a Confluence & Jira backup without burning a license? I don't want to use a personal account to generate an access token for backup and I don't want to burn a license on an account whose only purpose is to backup. What's the alternative?

Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Richard Alleman, my team at Rewind just launched a new automated backup and restore app for Jira Cloud, feel free to check it out here: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226389/rewind-backups

It doesn't require a separate Jira license - your backups are stored on a completely separate 3rd-party service (Rewind). We are also close to launching an identical product for Confluence Cloud too, in case you are interested. Let me know what you think!

Danny

Like Maria Korolenko likes this
Gregor Mitchell September 28, 2022

I am having trouble getting to the Jira automation page.  When I try it wants me to sign up for a free account.  I have a premium account.  When you talk about scheduling the task you just go right in to it.  Is it possible to add how you get there?  I've never used the automation before.  I gather the other commenters found it without issues since they don't mention it.

Like # people like this
Nijas Rawther November 16, 2022

@K_ Yamamoto 
Thanks for this article. 

I am using the python script to automate the backups and they are working fine and generating the zip files.

Can you point me to the scripts to automate the restore workflow as well? 

Thanks!

César Muñoz December 27, 2022

I'm following this procedure, even with 2 different accounts and 2 different Jira Software sites, but I always get the same error: a 404 error page showing "Oops, you've found a dead link.". It happens when trying to access the URL https://<my jira site>.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/obm/1.0/runbackup (for intance https://smartkaleagestion.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/obm/1.0/runbackup).

Is this procedure still working, or what could I be doing wrong? Thank you.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

To help automate backups in real time and be able to get attachments, and issue back I would suggest to use Revyz.

Please if you get a chance check it out as its been life savor for our team.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events