Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

60 comments

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2021

Hi. I only jujst saw this setting ... Thanks for this ... It will be of great help to us in 2022. (Need to subscribe to these updtes here :) ) Also, yes, agree to configuring it more, eg. rich text, custom color, etc. Thank you again. Yatish

Like # people like this
Omar Rashid January 12, 2022

Will this cloud banner allow the execution of custom code like the data centre version does, to hide certain elements of the UI such as:

<script>
// Uncheck bulk edit notification
window.onload = function () {
var box = document.getElementById("sendBulkNotificationCB");
if(box)

{ box.checked = false; }
}
</script>

<style type="text/css">

#ghx-chart-viewing-options {
display: none !important;}

#announcement-banner {
display: none !important;}

</style>

Christian Voigt January 21, 2022

In the posts above the backlog containing ideas for improvments for the announcment banner was mentioined several times.

Took me some time to find the corresponding tickets. However, here there are:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77723

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-43228

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34144

I voted on all 3 of them since those would extend the usecases of the banner - and would be happy if others do the same.

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Omar Rashid

we do not support that functionality at this time.

Thank you @Christian Voigt !

James Newland March 19, 2022

Having just made the jump from Jira Server to Cloud, this implementation is a regression. Hopefully it can be brought back up to previous standards soon.

Like Isaac Greenberg likes this
Jari Sanders April 13, 2022

@Yerbol Nisanbayev Hi! Can you shed some light on your plans to open this feature up to developers of Marketplace vendors? Or in other words: when can I build an app that works with the announcement banner?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2022

Hey @James Newland  thank you for your feedback, can you please let us know what makes you feel like this is a regression? 

Hi @Jari Sanders , we don't have short term plans to open the banner to app developers, but we want to make this and more features more available to our app developers in the future. 

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

@Yerbol Nisanbayev - instead of opening up the banner itself to app developers, can you open up that location in the UI, so apps can roll their own content?

Confluence Cloud has such a location already, allowing apps to do their own banner if they wanted to.  Jira Cloud is lagging behind. 

Devin Kramer June 24, 2022

My instances still does not have this functionality even though this post suggests it was set to rollout last November (2021) and here it is June 2022?  

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2022

Hey @Devin Kramer , all Jira Cloud instances should have this functionality by now. If you still don't, that is unusual, can you please try raising a ticket with our support.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2022

Hi @Anthony De Moss currently that is not supported, but we will look into it going forward, thank you for the suggestion. 

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2022

@Yerbol Nisanbayev  - you said something similar in Oct last year (in this very thread), and others at Atlassian have told me the same for the past 4 years :)

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2022

Hi @Anthony De Moss , I am afraid we constantly battle with competing priorities that we have to sift through and pick the ones that would have the biggest impact on our customers. To be transparent, we are not looking to do any further work on the announcement banner in the near future.

Swathi M H (UK) July 12, 2022

Hi,

Is it possible in jira to set the announcement banner only for one particular project.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2022

Hi @Swathi M H (UK) , thank you for your question. Not at this time, right now it's instance wide.

ZC September 12, 2022

it's definitely good to have.

it would be great if we can schedule it for a period in advance (setting the start and end date/time)

Like # people like this
Kerli Loopman October 12, 2022

Still no clickable url? :(

Rathna October 20, 2022

@Yerbol Nisanbayev

Can you please confirm when will the HTML content ( such as links, Highlight, etc ) be allowed to be put in Announcement Banner in Jira Cloud / Confluence Cloud.

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2022

HI @Rathna , we do not currently have a timeline for this, please follow this tickets for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77723 

Elmer Hahn October 25, 2022

I would love to be able to use the statuspage embed into the announcement banner as well.

Like Yerbol Nisanbayev likes this
Geetanjali Sharma December 8, 2022

This is amazing!! although if we can schedule it for certain duration, and then auto hide that will be a great thing. And also if we can make it visible to specific user group or project roles, that will be a cherry on cake

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2023

+1 to my previous comment and to @Geetanjali Sharma s comment as well. Thank you

Like # people like this
Gary Ropers January 11, 2023

I'm not able to see the "Announcement Banner" link.  What version of the JIRA Cloud is this available on?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2023

Hey @Gary Ropers there is only one version of Jira cloud that is in production, you should be able to see it in Jira admin settings, given that you have admin access to your instance.

Like Kalin U likes this
Christopher O_ CBC February 24, 2023

This feature is a must.. Hopefully it will be implemented soon 🙏

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events