6 Jira Admin add-ons which makes my Jira Administrator life simpler

Hi fellow Jira Admins,

As Jira Admins we need additional functionality not provided in the product itself on a regular basis. For example, when we need to root cause a performance problem. Or when we need to understand why a user has no access to a particular function and so on.

To make your life easier, I compiled the following list of free add-ons which we use on a daily basis. I'm sure these could proof to be useful in your job as well.

Here is my own personal top 6 add-ons for Jira that are completely free to use:

• The JavaMelody Monitoring Plugin
    This add-on allows to monitor a number of performance related statistics
  • Home Directory and DB Browser
    Can't access the log files or the database directly - this simple add-on get you the access you require to do your job
  • User switcher for JIRA
    The user switcher allows you to impersonate any user in the system, just to debug that one nasty permission problem. With great power comes great responsibility
  • AM Utils
    The app hence enhances your ability to create and customize workflows for specific use cases and teams.
  • Quick Subtasks
    Using subtasks to ensure all i's are dotted and all t's crossed. Generate the set of subtasks at the correct moment
  • Automation Lite for Jira
    Automate these routine tasks with the simple to use Automation Lite for Jira

I have elaborated on this further in the following blogpost on our site.
Top 6 FREE Jira add ons for admins in 2018

What do you think of these Jira apps? Do you have your own free Jira add-ons you use regularly and believe should be on this list? I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions! Leave a comment below.

Francis

8 comments

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2018

Nice

seniorandreymarkelov June 5, 2018

AM Utils is my favorite 😀

Rob van den Belt June 29, 2018

Thanks for this great free advice! I'm already enthousiastic just reading it. Will download and try them all. Allready been using Quick Subtasks and satisfied with that.

Alicia Pena July 2, 2018

Script Runner already has a Switch to different user feature under the Built-in-Scripts section.  So if you already have script runner you wouldn't need the User Switcher to JIRA add on.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2018

Hi @Alicia Pena

That is absolutely correct but script runner is a paying add-on while User Switcher isn't.  

seniorandreymarkelov July 4, 2018

@francisActually new add-ons https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218302/groovioli?hosting=server&tab=overview is free and currently on post functions and validators can replace scriptrunner

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2018

Hi @Andrey Markelov - that's interesting to further investigate.
Are you planning to make it compatible with more recent versions of Jira?

seniorandreymarkelov July 15, 2018

@francisdone. Can you provide few examples which plugin should cover? I will implement if it is impossible now. Into scripts here:  https://github.com/AndreyVMarkelov/jira-groovioli I will add new scripts

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events