5 New Improvements to the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets Integration đź‘€

Hey there,

A new look isn’t all we have coming for you in 2020. Here at the integrations team, we’ve made it 5x easier for you to create reports using the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets add-on with 5 new changes! Ready to see what they are?

…Drumroll please!

1. Your JQL queries are now saved! It's now possible to see and make any changes to past queries. 

No more losing queries or copying and pasting from Jira or your notepad!

Tabswitchesgif.gif

2. We tell you which field will go into which column when you import Jira issues.

Did you know that you could reorder the fields via drag and drop?

fieldselection.gif

3. Your columns will now stay where they are even after Jira issues get re-imported

Rest assured, your sheet will not get completely wiped out when Jira issues are reloaded/refreshed.

ezgif-7-448be90448e0.gif

4. It’s now easier to tell see when your next refresh is.

Just click on the "Schedule" tab to see when the next update is, or when the Jira query was last run. You can also hover “Schedule” and “Last Updated” to see more exact timestamps of the previous and next updates.

ezgif-7-964b455ef338.gif

5. You can now set up auto-refreshes so that they run for 12 months!

Instead of three :) 

schedule12hourrefreshes (4).gif

If you don’t currently see this experience, you’ll begin to start seeing it in the coming weeks. We hope these changes are helpful, and are keen to hear any feedback you might have! To give us feedback, please feel free to email pi-jira-sheets-feedback@atlassian.com. Happy new year! 🥳

6 comments

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Thanks for sharing!

@Devin Parker @Michael Demetria you might be interested in this!

Michael Demetria January 23, 2020

@Jessica This is awesome!  Thanks.

Consuelo Lennox February 25, 2020

I don't see where you can edit the fields in Google Sheets

Hank February 13, 2021

Great Stuff. I like how the Excel version shows a timestamp above the retuned results.

How can add a timestamp in google sheets for the last time a =jira() query was run?

The viewers of the data won't need to open the add-on, navigate and hover to see the last update time. 

Like • Kiran Mehta likes this
antoine.comble.partner October 26, 2021

Hello,

When I do a copy of my spreadsheet, all queries and schedules are lost. 
I need to do the configuration again. 

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help.

Hank November 12, 2021

When I copy a Jira-enabled Google Sheets file, I have to enable Jira for Sheets in the new file.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events