whats the best way to create status reports?

Antun Štefančić January 18, 2023

I wanna know whats the best solution for creating status reports. The status reports are intended for customers and partners to get an weekly insight on how projects are going (overall progression, task completion, time estimations, indicative charts, whats to do on their behalf etc.)

The dashboard and reports jira offers are not really what I need, or maybe i just cant get the most of them.

Confluence seems like it could do the job well? 

And what are alternatives?

4 answers

4 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2023

Hello @Antun Štefančić 

If you want to save time, to get status reports in the most convenient and fast way, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud.  

It generates 7 types of status time reports, so you can choose the one that fits your needs the best:

Time in Status shows the time spent in each status

GIF TIS.gif

Assignee time helps to monitor how long it takes each assignee to solve a task

Average time shows the Average time spent in status 

Status Entrance Date displays the date an issue moves to each status

Status Count shows how many times an issue has been in each status

Transition Count calculates how many times an issue moves from one status to another, 

Time in Status per Date report shows the total time an issue has spent in a particular status per chosen date.

Also, you can share reports with colleagues or export them as CSV or XLSX files.

You can try the Custom field functionality if you want to display time in status directly on the Issue Card layout. It can save you even more time because there is no need to enter the add-on to get the time in status data. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any additional questions

Hope you find it helpful

4 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2023

@Antun Štefančić 

If a native Excel report is acceptable, you can use the dedicated Excel reporting app Better Excel Exporter for Jira. It comes with a number of prebuilt report templates to create epic status reports, project statistics reports, sprint reports, and bug reports from Jira Cloud.

The export options are available from the Issue Navigator and from other relevant screens as well, like the backlog or an active sprint board.

Browse sample Excel exports for more inspiration >>>

10-worklog-report-pivot-chart.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Antun Štefančić

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.

• You can create custom, flexible and colorful bar charts and table views for any data you want/need. As data source, you can choose Projects or Saved Filters or Advanced (JQL).
  • You can set X axis to be any parameter like Created(month), Assignee, Sprint, Fix Versions etc.
  • You can set Y axis to be any parameter like number of issues, sum of remaining estimates, average of story points etc.
  • You can group your data on any field(Sprint, Status, Assignee, Component, Project etc.) you want.
  • You can choose various date ranges like All Time, Last Year, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months etc.
  • You can modify existing Segments or add new segments.
  • You can order the results by drag and drop.

Below you can see an article about creating custom reports, charts and graphs in Jira with our app.

How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
January 18, 2023

Hi @Antun Štefančić

welcome to the community!

if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, there are heaps of apps that might help here. For charting, Custom Charts for Jira and Dashboard Hub for Jira have both become very popular, and for Excel-style reports, I can warmly recommend the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira - but apart from these specific apps, searching for "reports" might be a good starting point.

You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your site, it may be free forever - so perhaps try a few and see which one works best for you.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events