Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

task workflow and sub-task work flow - won't allow me to have two different status names.

Erin Dunning April 28, 2023

why does my sub-task status keep changing to whatever I name as my task  in a different work flow.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 124927.jpg

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Status are global objects, and have to have unique names.  You can't add a new status to a workflow with the same name as an existing status, and if you change the name of a status, you affect all the workflows that are currently using that status.

You can have different names for status in different workflows, you just need to use different status in the workflows.  For example, in workflow 1, have the "create" transition go to a status of "new" and in workflow 2, have the create go to "open"

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hello @Erin Dunning 

Can you walk us through the exact steps you're executing, with screen images for each step?

0 votes
Erin Dunning April 28, 2023

Screenshot 2023-04-28 124927.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events