Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Time Tracking Report" Error: Can no longer generate the report

Jamie Adler June 2, 2023

I have tried for the last few days to utilize the Jira-provided (built-in) "Time Tracking Report" which I have successfully used for the past month. When I configure it and hit 'Next' the result is always an error:

Error Type: 500 - Internal Server Error

Jira-TimeTrackingReportError(failure).jpg

Per the warning on that page, I have checked the Statuspage and there is no known outage at Jira. I can't open a Support Request because I am on the Free plan. :( 

Is this just me having this problem? 

I have tried all the various configuration options (there aren't many) in case the issue is arising from one of those. That doesn't help.

What else can I try to do differently? Is it possible some data I entered recently into the worklog is causing the error?

Here is the report I am referring to:

Jira-TimeTrackingReport-InMenu.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2023

Hi @Jamie Adler I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-880555

Please approve our request for data access there so that our support team can investigate this further.

Thanks for flagging this to us @Trudy Claspill !

Jamie Adler June 3, 2023

Done. thank you :)

Jamie Adler June 12, 2023

This is now working again for me (after a fix by Atlassian in response to the support ticket opened).

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Li Qiang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2023

We have the same issue in our tenant. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

@Li Qiang 

If you are using a paid subscription to Jira have your Jira Administrators open a support case with Atlassian at

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Li Qiang likes this

FYI @Li Qiang this is now working again for me (after a fix by Atlassian). It may also work for you now.

Li Qiang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2023

Thank U! It looks working for me too.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Hello @Jamie Adler 

This problem has been reported in a few other posts also.

I have tagged your post to raise it to the attention of the Atlassian Team. One of them will reach out to you.

Jamie Adler June 3, 2023

Thank you Trudy - I tried searching for similar issues so I could see if it was "just me" or "pile on" but couldn't find any.  Appreciate the help!

This is now working again for me (after a fix by Atlassian). Thanks @Trudy Claspill !

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events