Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to retrieve project data", cannot see my board

Alon August 22, 2022

My partner created a new project and it says "Failed to retrieve project data", now I'm not able to work on my project

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hello @Alon and welcome to the Community!

If you are an admin, go to the project settings of the Project (Jira Administration > Projects > [Your Project] Triple dot menu > Project Settings) and check the permission scheme. It's possible that you are not a part of the group or the project role associated with the "Browse Projects" permission.

This happens to me every now and then and this is what it usually has been.

Hope this helps!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

If he is truly in a Free instance, then the Permission Scheme cannot be modified. 

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

@Alon can you confirm that you are on the free plan? Can you also provide a screenshot of the permission scheme your new project is using?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Hi Alon - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The new project caused not to be able to work on your existing project? 

Alon August 22, 2022

We had a working project that wasn't set up properly, but I could work on it just fine.

We created the new project and deleted the old one and now I'm not able to access the data of the new project, with the error "Failed to retrieve project data" showing.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

What type or project is the new one? Did you copy issues from the old one to the new one before you deleted it? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events