cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nested timeline

Brandon Malz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2021

Tasks nested in Epics in the Jira Work Management timeline are not showing up as nested tasks in the timeline. Instead, tasks and epics are all listed on the same level. How can I follow the format as advertised: link 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Brandon Malz , the image you linked to is a sneak peek of upcoming functionality. To be specific, it was how we thought the design may appear upon launch. We'll be replacing that image to make it more clear and reflective of the functionality today.

However, you can expect nesting on the Timeline view to be widely available within the next couple of months! It's a highly-anticipated feature within our own team and we want to implement it as quickly as possible. Hope that's helpful.

Brandon Malz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2021

Nice! Thanks for the reply

Like Tammy Harshbarger likes this
Mahima Srivastav May 7, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson 

I can currently only see the Open and In progress issues in both Timeline and List sections.

1. Is it possible to see both open and done issues in Timeline

2. There's a separate button to see "Done" items in the List section. How can I see all statuses within one list?

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Mahima Srivastav , sorry for the late reply. You should now be able to see Done issues on the timeline!

Kevin Cressy August 18, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson - when do you think this feature is likely to be released?

Like # people like this
Nikki Floyd June 1, 2022

Hi @Chase Wilson Following up on this inquiry.  Has issue nesting functionality been rolled out in Jira Work Management projects yet?

Mark Abugao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2022

Hey @Chase Wilson / @Brant Schroeder - Like many of the my fellow JIRA colleagues in this thread, i'm just inquiring if the nested timeline view is available or will be available for Business Projects. Currently this works with Software projects, and for a short time i did see it in Business Projects, but have not been able to see this view ever again.

Thanks for the update.

Mark

Like # people like this
Vincent van 't Verlaat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 17, 2023

@Chase Wilson any idea when this will be available? It seems this functionality is still not available in JWM.

Thanks!

Meg Christolini
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2024

Hi @Vincent van 't Verlaat and others on this thread, I am excited to share that we have released nested hierarchy in the JWM timeline as of Friday last week (US).

Best,

Meg

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2021

@Brandon Malz 

The view shared in the link you provided is of the timeline view provided on software projects.  The timeline view on software projects shows nested issues as well and issue links.  The timeline view on a business project is simplified and just shows all issues listed on the timeline.  If you would like this functionality on a business project I would suggest submitting a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events