how to create a conditional logic form for a non JSD project

Erika Reategui October 18, 2022

Hello,

How do I create conditional logic forms on a Jira Work Management Team-managed project? 

I found information on how to create forms on the link below, but it does not mention anything about conditional logic. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-and-update-groups/

I created a conditional logic form for our JSD project, but I cannot find a way to do the same for a non-JSD project.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your quick response. when I go to project setting and forms I only get the option to create a form based on an issue type. (see screenshots below.)

Where do I find the option to add the conditional logic?

Forms_-_Test_Operations_-_Jira.jpg

Forms_-_Test_Operations_-_Jira1.jpg

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

That is the simple form in JWM, you have to go to Project settings > Advanced forms in order to create the conditional one.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 8.36.12 AM.png

Erika Reategui October 19, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

I create a company-managed project (software project) and still don't see the same as in your screenshot. Can you tell me what type of project I should create to have that option available?

Details_-_Jira.jpg

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Check under issues, in JSW projects that's where it should be

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 1.13.21 PM.png

Erika Reategui October 19, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg I am able to create conditional forms on JSM projects but not on other types of projects like software projects. I guess I cannot do it yet.

I found this on another community thread.

Thank you for your help.  Hopefully, that integration is launched soon.

Forms_in_JSW_projects_.jpg

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2022

If you go to Project settings > Forms you should be able to create a conditional for from there. In Jira Work Management is is called Advanced Forms.

@Mikael Sandberg 

It might not be a JWM project because I don't have the same options

Care_Tools_Access_Project_-_Notifications_-_Jira.jpg

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2022

Its because you are using a team-managed project, they do not have access to the advanced form.

That means that I cannot create conditional logic forms on Team Manage projects

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2022

Correct, you can only do it in company-managed projects.

Hopefully, that option is implemented on Team Managed projects forms at some point.

Thank you for your help. @Mikael Sandberg 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2022

It should be rolling out, I just saw that one of my team-managed projects in the sandbox had access to Advanced forms.

Like Richard Cruz likes this
Richard Cruz October 18, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg Any way, we can get early access to the version that has advanced forms? I will make sure to provide details and useful feedback in return.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

@Richard Cruz I am just a customer like you. Once Atlassian starts rolling a feature out there is no way to get early access to it, and for this one I don't think there was an EAP either.

Richard Cruz October 19, 2022

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg.

Shannon McGregor February 15, 2023

Hi! Has anyone heard anything in regard to this or updates taking place so that we can implement conditional logic on team managed project forms by chance?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events