Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I (site admin) change project type from team managed to company managed?

Alkanz Ali June 14, 2023

I am a site admin and i need to change project type from team managed to company managed?
can someone please help?

1 answer

2 votes
Diogo Teles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2023

Hi @Alkanz Ali !

You can't change the project type as you described. That is why choosing the right project type is so important. However, sometimes work evolves in a way that what was once the correct project type is no longer suitable.

There is a workaround. You can create a new company project to host all issues of the team-managed project. 

Set up all the project architecture first (schemes, workflows screens etc), bearing in mind you may need to create custom fields to cover fields created exclusively for the team-managed project. 

Once the new project structure is complete, you can bulk-move all issues from the old project to the new one and archive the project.

This is a complex move, and all stakeholders must be considered. I would suggest setting up a sandbox and trying the move there first. When you reach a successful move, document it and then plan a move date for the production environment projects with your stakeholders. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

adding to this, here is a link to documentation concerning migrating between Team and Company managed projects:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events