Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking a checkbox field of a parrent issue in a post function of an epic

andres jerez June 10, 2021

Hi, im trying to update a checkbox custom field that only has a value ("Lost") on a parent issues right after i update one of the epics to a particular status in our kanban board, but no matter which configuration of the "Set field value post-function" in the JMWE i use, it still never changes, in the value field i was trying something like {{targetIssue.fields["Lost"] | join("," , "Lost")}},  but no changes, i tried, also just to let the value field like "Lost" but also didnt work. what could i be doing here wrong?

As a target issue i have: issues that belong to the current issue Epic.

Field: Lost

Value: (i tried multiples as mentioned)

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @andres jerez 

Rather than a Post Function, you could use Automation for Jira to achieve this.....Based on the assumption you are on Cloud Standard.

The automation rule would go something like this:

ready.png

Note: I choose a Random Status, but did choose an "only one option" Custom field checkbox for the above mockup.

Worth a try??? Make Sense?

andres jerez June 11, 2021

I havent try this but sure i will and let you know! thank you for the idea. 

andres jerez June 11, 2021

@Curt Holley i just tried that and im having the same situation, in the logs it says that was successfully executed but still doesnt change, im starting to think that could be the custom field :/ image.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

I'm thinking you might be right @andres jerez 

Can you see and manually tick the checkbox on the Stories etc?

Can you build a more direct automation rule to test updating the checkbox?

Something like:

Trigger = Manual trigger

Action = Edit field "Lost checkbox"

Just to prove that the field can be updated via Automation. If not, then there must be something about the custom field itself.

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

Hi @andres jerez ,

what do you mean by "on a parent issues"? Are you trying to check the Lost checkbox on all issues that belong to the Epic that is being transitioned? In that case, your configuration should work, and the value should be simply:

Lost

(no quotes, nothing). Assuming the name of the "option" of that checkbox field is also "Lost".

But note that if you're displaying the field on the Kanban board's cards, it won't be updated automatically, you'll have to refresh the board after a few seconds.

andres jerez June 10, 2021

Hi @David Fischer thanks for your quick answer, i already tried that and still doesnt update, in the issues that belong to the Epic, is still showing this "Lost" field in none, and nothing changes, i double checked the custom field as well, the option is only that, Lost. but no changes, could be because it is a checkbox? should i try with another kind of custom fields?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

No, it should work.

The best thing to do is open a support request: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10

David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events