Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating values based on customer input

Pete Piro January 13, 2022

Hello,

I've been asked to investigate whether it is possible to create a project for tracking production orders where values are pulled from a prepopulated list and calculations based on the list are made.

For example, an order comes in for (1000) M6x50mm long bolts.  A person would create a work order (ticket), enter 1000 for quantity, and from a pull-down menu select M6x50 bolt.  Jira would then calculate the total length of material needed dividing it by the length of raw stock to determine the number of bars needed. 

Please let me know...

Thanks, Pete 

2 answers

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

I agree with @John Funk 
Doable with Automation for Jira, but you would need to set-up all the custom fields required to store the lengths etc, as well as fields to store the results of the automated calculations.

Being on Jira standard you might also need to think about the volume of executions for any multiple or global automations.

View your automation usage | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi Pete,

Sure, you should be able to do that using Automation for Jira rules. I would assume there would be some sort of length value available for each product. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events