Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic alerts in projects

Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager December 20, 2021

Hello there,

I want to SEND automatic message from Jira Work management to Project Lead, WHEN we reach 80% of dedicated hour for this project. What's the best way to set this up? Could you share some templates or manual guidelines with me?  

Example: According to the Agreement between Client & Provider, DevOps team can spent less or equal 30 hour/month for this particular Project.

a) where I can mark the limits of the project?

b) how to automate the alert if the teams reaches 80% of the dedicated hours?

c) how can we make it periodic (each month the limit is the same - 30 hours, that means that each month starts from 0-30 hours) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager 

This is a tricky one.

Questions: How is it being managed currently? How are the team planning the work currently? How is the effort recorded currently?

I'm guessing due to the use of a Jira Work management project that they are not using Sprints? As I believe it might be easier to work in Sprints (say 2 weeks, or rounded out to 2 per calendar month, OR (thinking on the fly) a sprint per calendar month. This way, the team plan the timebox (the sprint) to represent the 30 hours (or 2 times 15 hours) and use the burndown chart etc to monitor progress and of course once all that work is completed, that is it for the month.

But the above would mean switching to a Jira Software project, so.....???

Another quick and easy answer could be to create a story that houses the 30 hours in the original estimate field, then get the team to add their work as sub-tasks of that one story. Ensure the include subtasks checkbox is ticked and then there time tracking on the sub-tasks will be rolled up into the story to monitor. And again, once all subtasks are complete, game over for the month. This option could be done in a JWM project.

time.png 

These I see as some of the easiest way to monitor and record the project limits, plus they play into core (existing) Jira functionality. Without more info, it is hard to advise on any automation options, but I fear they would be complicated.

Hopefully this is helpful?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events